Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pierce His Navel


I have become a little old Lady with poor handwriting. I had a note on my schedule for yesterday that I looked at and could not decipher. I got 1 and gala but that was all. My gala meetings are almost always on a Thursday at 11:30 so I thought I had written the wrong date and scratched the notation off. I am off out of town on a long planned adventure when I receive a call from one of my committee members telling me she is running late. For what I ask, the meeting she replies. What meeting? The one scheduled for 1:00 today. uh-oh it is already 1:05 and I am about 45 minutes out. I will not be making it. I cannot even begin to describe how I felt, but it was all bad. Words like idiot, irresponsible, stroke victim, Alzheimer, buffoon, bumble headed, silly ninny, all ran through my mind. Still today I cannot recall why we had it scheduled for such an odd time.

But wait…. There is more. I had borrowed a book from the library where my mother lives. I recall putting it in my purse. But it was not there when I went to retrieve it. I found it in my camera bag two days later. I set it on my bed and continued with the work I was doing. I remember walking into my room to return my camera to the bag and seeing the book. On the cover of the book lying on my bed is a black cat, lying on my bed is my black cat. I have two black cats on my bed I thought and smiled. Late that same night I go to pick up the book which had been lying on the afghan on my bed and it is gone. Not there and not anywhere. I have not been able to find the book for two days.

On top of that; I get a phone call yesterday from my MF so he can tell me he is in Newport and of course as he suspected I went off about not flying me into Newport and he laughed. So I ask about Christmas and as I expected he is backing out. I am very disappointed because this is not the first time he has set me up for a Christmas trip and then failed to produce, gone alone, took some teenager instead, changed his plans to go somewhere with other friends. I expected it, sadly, but still I am disappointed.  Ok! Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com will thank GOD and carry on! HE has a better plan for me. Maybe this year I will get to see the Nutcracker! I  missed it last year.

Then last night, just as I needed a little surprise and humor my daughter tells me her gay best friend went and pierced his navel and his Mom paid for it. WHAT?? I have never heard of a guy piercing his navel. I can imagine exotic male belly dancers doing this but…. Ok after a google I found discussions on the subject in gay and bi-sexual chat rooms. Hmmmm but I also found straight men who admitted to it.

Sort of put a little feather in the cap of my day. Now I will look at all men and wonder…..”Does he have a navel piercing?”
Have you ever seen this?

No comments:

Post a Comment