Monday, February 11, 2013

Pink Hoogie


Must have been Cougar day at World Market yesterday because there she was platform high-heeled black shiny shoes, leopard print leggings, black sequin top and black cardigan, blonde hair piled on her head looking like a hot mess and huge gold hoop earrings. 

She was my age. She was not the only one. I giggled my way through every aisle and around display. I was there to buy curtains for my guest room. I made my purchase came home and ta-da…. Where there should have been two panels in the bag there was only one. I have to go back today and return them (it). They were not going to work out anyway; too long and too heavy. So now I must start my search again.

I awoke from a nightmare this morning and could not go back to sleep so at 4:20 I made hot cocoa and went shopping on line. 

After filling a cart I decided instead to go for a walk. Some huge burly guy was making his way to his apartment looking at me as though as I were a thug in a pink hoogie and was going to mug him. Really? 

He got up to his place opened the door and then stood there watching me until I walked on by. He then closed the door. There is a guy that must get to his office every morning at 4 for no matter how early I walk he is there, usually on the balcony smoking. What does he do that he must be there so early?

I did a wee bit of ghost hunting this weekend and discovered my mother is a direct descendant of Augustine Clement the artist. He was in Boston in 1636. He came over on the James with his wife, 2 children and a servant. He was a painter of portraits and I would love to get my hands on one.

George sent me another one of my photos what do you think?

I went shopping for some jeans on Friday and what I discovered is that there is no standard for sizing. I tried several different styles by several different manufactures and none of them fit the same. Some were too small and some were too big and some that fit were too short. 

Which leads me to request stores to buy some styles in a long or tall, not all of us are 5’5”. I went to a “plus” size store thinking they would be longer and they were but the jeans were all too large at the waist. Even the 1 pair of jeans I have now does not fit right. Why can I not have nice things? I am going to Dillard’s and checking out the NYDJ and see if I can fit into those.

I hope whatever treasure you hunt today is easy to find. Lady Tamara is on a quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment