Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thanx Darius


I have bought a box of sugar cubes that are made on Reunion Island also known as Ile Bourbon. Anyway they are called rough cut cubes and are not uniform in size. 

I may get a cup of tea that is very sweet or it may be barely sweet. My morning cups of tea are now a bit of a mystery. I am never sure what I will get. I like the way the look in the Fostoria sugar bowl. 

The bowl is round on the inside and smooth but the outside is the Fostoria American pattern so it also looks like cubes.  The contrast of it all is pleasing to me.

Reunion Island is a French republic. It lies east of Madagascar in the Indian Ocean. It is 39 miles long and 28 miles wide and similar to Hawaii. The language spoken on the island is Creole.

Sugar cane was brought to Europe by the French. They discovered the sweet cane during the crusades. Emperor Darius of Persia make a references to a “sweet plant that gives honey without bees” during his conquest of India. It was then called a spice.

I have been working out for weeks again and now that I am plumping up my muscle the fat that lies atop it is also being plumped out so now I look much fluffier than I really am.  This makes me giggle at times but then it also causes me to erupt in tears especially when my clothes do not fit. I know this is a temporary situation and it will start to reverse but bloody hell!!!!

I thought about giving up workouts for lent. I also thought about chocolate. I failed to decide. First time in years. Ahhhh…maybe that is it…. I gave up Lent. Good one. Thanx peeps.

Lady Tamara has an adventure planned with her favorite Shoe so I must get ready.

Au revoir

Happy Valentines Day

No comments:

Post a Comment