Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rockstar Tour 1


Day 1 –ROCKSTAR TOUR
My day started out fairly normal. At least right up until the part where I was trying to schedule a meet with Frida the girl who would be sitting my cats. She was unable to make a meet with me but was available the following day or later in the afternoon. By then I would be gone on the Rock Star Tour so I had to come up with the back-up plan. I called my brother. He agreed to do it.

So as I am finishing packing I go into my room to retrieve my sapphire and diamond ring to wear and it along with two other rings are gone vanished not where I had put them.  It took about 15 minutes to talk myself out of a panic promising to relax and it would come to me on the plane that I had put them somewhere else. I still have no clue where they could be. However I do recall that on three separate occasions employees of the apartment have entered my home without me being there and since it is just the gold and gemstone rings with diamonds that are missing it looks suspicious to me.  I am hoping that as I relax into the tour that it will come to me where I may have put them.

As I am traveling down the road to my daughter’s house I came upon a traffic nightmare which was untangling from the mess caused by a car catching on fire and burning on the freeway. Bright spot is I did get to see some firemen.

I walk up to my gate at the airport and there on the ground sits a small pink backpack and no one around it. I see some children to the right of me but they are very busy playing. Not another sole insight. I keep an eye on it and after 10 minutes I mention it to the woman behind the counter. She asks several guests and no one claims it. I am now getting a wee bit nervous; especially after there is a public service announcement about reporting any unattended baggage.  She picked it up and I waited for an explosion.  She then walked back to her counter and set it down. I am about 10 seconds from finding a TSA agent. When a panicky dad walks up and asks if she has found a little pink back pack. This incident still is not sitting right with me.

Finally I make it on board the plane and the couple sitting next to start to argue.  Oh great 4 hours of tension from them. He finally gave in to her crazy demand and they settled down. I had the armrest up because it provides more room she insisted it needed to be down. Not that she was using it she was creating a barrier between us. Some people are just not comfortable around rockstars! Well, as you would expect her frigid behavior toward me and her harassing her husband became a challenge I was determined to take on. After a wiggle in my seat and a huge sigh I looked over at her book and said “oh never mind I see you just started it.”  She was reading The Life of Pi. She melted and became very friendly. Do you know why? Because I am a ROCKSTAR!!!! Oh yeah!!!


After being picked up at the airport we headed straight for In and Out Burger!!!!  Matt our host was awesome!!! He gave me a hat and a bumper sticker. 
The rest of the evening is a fuzzy exhausted blurr…..

No comments:

Post a Comment