Monday, August 19, 2013

AMV Mystery

Through a series of events, some I know of and some I do not, I ended up with a book. Not just any book though, an enchanting book. It is titled Flower of the Dusk by Myrtle Reed. Myrtle was an American author who lived from September 27, 1874 – August 17, 1911. By the way, the day I am writing this is August 17 2013. (It is just kismet) Flower of the Dusk was published in 1908. Inside the book is written:
 Hallie Pearis
Christmas 1908
A.M.V

Hallie was my grandfather’s sister, making her my grand Aunt.  She married James Harvey Craft in November of 1910 so….. who was A.M.V.? This is my goal this weekend to Pirate up and Treasure Hunt. Inside this book I found 2 obituaries for Mrs. Wirt A. French. We will start here.
I discovered nothing. I found a couple named Viernow middle aged, emigrated from Germany around 1898 and 2 families’ last name Via and the other Varney. Not one member had the initials A.M.V. Mr. Viernow was named Albert, no middle initial given.

                                          Hallie P Pearis
As you may have noticed I have not had a sighting of Horatio in quite some time, however, I have been seeing a yellow Hummer around a lot. Do you think he may have changed vehicles? I will keep a weather eye out.

I had the pleasure of photographing a red carpet event this weekend. The Schertz Senior Center had its annual Gala on Friday and they had the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen.


 I also caught a local Mayor on the red carpet. 


Then on Saturday night it was Schertz Idol and 10 amazing teenage girls sang and our MC was Christian Pop singer Ryan Proudfoot. 

He was given a script to follow which included mentioning the two sponsors of the event. Like in those radio commercials of the 1940s. It was very funny. I asked Alex Hartman from State Farm insurance, one of the sponsors, if he wrote the lines. Alex said he did but then Ryan was ad-libbing some comedy. He did a great job. The girls were all amazing and Ryan sang a couple songs, one from his newest CDs. I have always had an issue with the whole American Idol. They are NOT America’s Idols or even American Idols. They are NOT idols and it always raised the hair on the back of my neck because of this verse, Exodus 20:4 "You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea.” There we were Saturday night with an Idol show and it was being held in a church with the Senior Pastor giving the opening statement and prayer. I was very nervous. I wish they had called the show Schertz Singz or something.
This Idol thing is soo wrong and I do not even know what to make of the several Christian artists who have made it to the finals of American Idol. All my phobia aside it was wonderful evening, entertaining and watch those young girls get on stage and own it was awesome! Well done Ladies!

My daughter has dropped off Gucci with me to see if she can live without him. Uh…hhh…. Maybe I do not want to live with him. At some point the opinion of the mother has become obsolete. When did that happen? They tell me that they do not want me to be lonely. Who the bloody hell told them I was lonely?



Wish I had pirated off one of those cupcakes. It would make a great breakfast since I neglected to shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment