Friday, August 9, 2013

Kool - Aid

As I was driving home from working with a client yesterday I passed an apartment building and sitting on a stool with a sign was a little girl. I slowed to get a look at what was going on and there standing next to a table covered in cups was another little girl. As I cruised past I realized they were selling lemonade or something. Brilliant, ingenious, it was hot. It was after 5 people were driving by on their way home. What if they needed the money? What if this was how they would buy food for dinner? I turned around and headed back down the street. I pulled up in front of them with the window rolled down and a mom stood up. They were on the passenger side so I waved a dollar bill and said I would love a drink. They had water or Kool-Aid and it was .50 a cup. I said Kool-Aid and keep the change. She grinned so big and they both delivered the cup and gave me a wide –eyed thank you. So cute

I am highlighting the artist August Malmstrom this week for the Artz Council. He was Swedish so a lot of his illustrations and art are on pages, websites, and blogs that are in Swedish. I must have looked at enough of them for google to think I speak Swedish because the following day other pages on other topics I was looking at popped up in Swedish. Funny, how that amused me more than Chevrolet feeding me those ads in Spanish.
                      August Malmstrom
I was again driving down a very busy road at a very slow pace and people were waiting and to pull into the lane from parking lots and driveways and not getting a break from anyone. So as the light had changed and none of us were going to go anywhere anyway I allowed a car to pull onto the road. My wish was that he would let another car that had been waiting pull in ahead of him. He did not. SO when the light changed I signaled for the car to jump on in. As we passed through two more lights and stopped at another one there at another side road was a car waiting to leave a parking lot. I was too far back to let him front of me so scooted up as far as I could so the car behind me could let him in believing I had been setting a good example about being kind and patient. The car behind me scooted up right inches from my bumper and so on and so on behind him so the car had no opportunity to pull out. I then felt bad for the waiting car.  Have they not ever been the guy waiting to get out and no one would give them a break? Instead of being nice and being that guy they create a vengeance attitude. No one helped me I will not help anyone else.
Good go home turn on your TV and never out down that mobile device in your hand and live your sterile, disconnected life and never stop to wonder why you feel so isolated and alone.
There is no Santa Claus in your Christmas is there? The music annoys you. So sad. Maybe, just maybe you should try to be Santa for just one day. It will change your life!

Merry Christmas to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment