Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Gevalia and Telemann

Pandora just inserted the Gevalia coffee ad into my morning….”catchy chorus to hum through the day, ripping guitar solo, all the ingredients of a good melody just like a good coffee…” hee…hee   

 Dear Gevalia I am listening to Baroque music there are no catchy chorus or guitar solos. But I really do not mind the ad break because it was actually created for Pandora, the man speaking has a deep velvety exotic voice and is not the creepy talking chameleon couple squawking about Lowe’s.

My mother asked me to get her a glass of water last night while I was in her kitchen. I asked if she wanted ice. “No I just want water nothing else just water in the glass”. I peek my head around the corner, uhhhmm Mom ice is water. She throws me a puzzled glance, one that looked like she had no idea what I was talking about. I busted out in laughter. This only confused her more. Mom, you do realize that ice is water; I did not ask if you wanted a gold fish in your water. Still confusion fills her expression. Then the light comes on. She grins I want the water not cold. Do you wanted it heated? She glares at me and says “just put it under the refrigerator thing and bring it to me”. Mom it will still be cold. “Oh just shut up!” Oh yeah my mom loves me….ha!

I paid for my movie, received my $2 popcorn coupon and get in line for the popcorn. There is a mom and a 4 year old shopping the candy and treats like it was a shoe sale at Nordstrom’s. After waiting and waiting and no decisions were being made by mom or child I dash on off to my assigned theater compartment leaving the line to the oblivious couple behind me. People!! How about you start thinking what you want from the snack bar before you get to it? If you cannot decide step aside and let the person behind go ahead. You are not the only people who have to get to a movie and want a treat. Some of us knew this moment was coming and had prepared for it.

Horatio! I see you are back to stalking me.

Hey, Mario!!! That red light, the one hanging from the wires over the road; the one that changes color to let traffic know what to do to keep us all a bit safer. Yeah when it turns red that means you need to stop. STOP. Not zoom up to it slow down enough to make the right turn into your HOMA/Gestapo controlled neighborhood. I thought you were going to roll that SUV over. As the police would say “better arrive late then dead because you were reckless.”

I have been over to see my mother for several years now and the elevator area still perplexes me. It is like they change the building around every time. I get on at her floor come down three floors and get off and I always turn the wrong way. Even if I turn the opposite way it is still the wrong way. The elevator seems to be on one side of the building but when I get to my floor it has moved to the opposite hall side and now instead of right I need to exit left but it does not feel right so I always leave there feeling disoriented. Very disconcerting!

Bed linens to change and clients to tweet for.


Have a marvelous day! Enjoy some Telemann…..so energizing….

1 comment: