Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Blood Willie

Since James Austin is being laid to rest in his beloved Scotland I thought I would search for any Austin kin I might have. Since I live in Texas if could be historically fun. So far there is Matilda Parsons George my 1st cousin 4 times removed husband; Lewis Bledsoe Austin born in 1807 in Virginia and died in 1894 in Montana. Well, that is probably going to be an interesting tale.

I am reading a book about a prisoner being transported from Afghanistan on board a C-130 which in case you do not know is my favorite airplane in the whole of the world. My father flew them for years and he always came home. Of course that was the will of GOD but it is an association. 

So reading this novel and the descriptions of the flight deck and cargo and commands is somewhat familiar and calming even during the crash. The crash occurs in Afghanistan in the winter in mountains. What I am getting at is this. They are talking about places, cities, villages, areas that 30, 22, 14 years ago I had never heard of. I can pronounce and have a visual reference in my head where they are. When I was 16 I could not have told you where Bazarak was or Anjuman Pass. I had lived in France and Okinawa not to mention been all over America so I was worldly. My father would bring me dolls from all over the world and part of the gift was for us to spread a huge National Geographic map on the dining room table and discover the country on the map.   I knew where Kuwait was as I had done a Mission Impossible type of report on it while in the 7th grade (thanx dad for the suggestion and help).  How many people know where Mascoutah is or Nenana, Beaver Creek or Petaluma.  I suppose the same is true of Vietnam and Korea. Some day we could wake up and know every little village, mountain pass and river in Andorra.

This is a statement that appears alongside a graveyard description… Cemetery notes and/or description:
Previously located on a farm on US 19, near Spanishburg, WV, the cemetery has been destroyed to create a roadside site for a mobile home.
Bloody, stupid, inbred Walmartians!!! Arkansas is calling MOVE!!! And put the bloody graves back. Who plops a mobile home down on top of a cemetery? WHO???  4 of my kin were desecrated.

I perform an act of kindness. No hidden agenda. I want nothing in return, I expect nothing or so I believe.  I just do something thoughtful, generous, kind, loving and then I look up from the volatile misuse I receive in puzzlement. It is usually not a shun, the reaction is always hurtful, profane, abusive and extreme. Always! Years of this; since I was little I can remember negative reactions. I would randomly say to my children “I love you!” and they would giggle or roll their eyes and say I love you back to me. I would yell it down into the basement as I walked past the kitchen. Write it on notes and pack it in their lunch.  One day I heard one of my daughters run up to her grandma and hug her and say I love you. Her grandma backed her up looked in her eyes and asked her with a grin what did she want, what was she trying to weasel out of grandma. I snapped. I rushed up to me daughter, picked her up hugged her kissed her, twirled with her and told her I loved her. While still holding her I turned on her grandma and explained that she wanted nothing from her, nothing. She was just telling you, her grandma that she loved you. Her love had no condition, it was not a bribe she was not using guile as a means to get something. She has no concept of that. Do NOT teach her that either. Love is a gift and she was giving some to you. Can you just accept it?  The grandma just looked at me; I truly believe she had no idea what I was talking about.  It has been a constant quest and still I get the same looks from people.  Can’t someone just be nice for the pureness of just being nice? Believe it or not all I expect is for the gift I offer to be received but that is rarely the case. The receiver of my gifts always look for the angle, the retribution, the retaliation and fearing there will be something bad invariably strike and lash out at me first. 
 First blood ….” It will have blood, they say; blood will have blood.”
William Shakespeare  

Willie is right; my next reaction is to strike back. Or maybe, people just don't like me? 

tadına varmak

No comments:

Post a Comment