Monday, September 9, 2013

Walk Dilemma

My walking partner moved to another side of town last Monday as she had to be out of her house. We found a more convenient location for her to get to so we could continue our morning walks. This of course threw my routine off. This morning she, probably right about now, she is loading her suitcase into her car and will be driving toward Maryland. So again this week my schedule is akimbo.

I have several options. Go back and walk the park alone. Start walking my hood again. Continue walking our newer location which by the way is inside and relatively safe. I shall explore this and other options this week which I hope will explain in advance a possible lack of breakfast letters.

For those of you concerned in my living situation here is how it fairs. I am forced to sign a yearlong lease with this place again. I am out of time to explore any other options. Am I happy about this? NO! Is $700 for a single pet as a deposit right? NO! Paying another $20 per month because of a pet right? NO! Proving I make 3 times the rent amount an indication of my ability to pay rent? NO!! Checking my credit score make me somehow worthy? NO!  Paying more by going month to month right either? NO! Here is the crush in all this. The carpet in this rat nest is disintegrating as is the pad under it, what is left of the pad. The edge of the carpet where it meets the wood flooring is frayed and bare to the weave. Will they replace my carpet? Yes, since my lease needs to be renewed. The problem is I will have to pack up everything and move it out and store it somewhere for about 3 days and then move it all back in.  If I am going to pack it all up I might as well move. The carpet is the thing about this place I hate. What to do???

I did not do any ghost hunting over the weekend. I did have house-guests  my daughter and granddaughter and my daughter’s friend, Norma. They all left last night and my bathroom looks like back stage at a beauty pageant. Hairsprays and gels on the counter. I had no idea I had some of those products. Make up remnants, a forgotten eye shadow box, and an almost empty container of make-up remover. Tipped over bottles of shampoo and conditioner in my shower along with a collection of shavers, and sugar rub defoliators are jumbling for space.  Body lotions and perfumes sit everywhere.

The library challenges I have set up for myself is very hit or miss right now. At one library I started with A and at the other I started with Z. I am working my way backward and forward through the alphabet. I have done this at libraries everywhere I live. Some days I check out a winner that I can scare put down for fear the action will continue and I will miss something, other times I have to force myself through the first chapter and then the second chapter in an effort to give the book a fair chance to engage me. I pick one shelf and have to find a book on that shelf. The next week I go to the next shelf and read my way through the library. If I absolutely cannot find a book then I must pick one from the “New Book” collection.  I will be returning to both libraries this week. I finished a great page turner and the other I made it through chapter 3 and it is not going any further.


I am starving so while I grab some Almond milk and granola you enjoy your adventure today. 

1 comment: