Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DoT - It will be ugly

The Department of Transportation is rebuilding a section of interchange here. 

It is where Loop 1604 crosses I-35. The area involved are those people trying to go North from 1604 onto I-35 and those people attempting to head west from I-35 North to Loop 1604. Since I live here and have for a long time I know the ins and outs. What roads will take you wherever. Now let’s add on top of that the closure of another road near my home being done by the city or water people or someone.

 What should have been a straight shot to my drive is now a drive around where I live to get back to where I live. But part of that problem is intensified because there are angry people who have been diverted from their routine route into an area they are unfamiliar with. Yes there are detour signs but as you can guess there are the rebels who believe they can find a better route. So GPS sends them my way to a closed a street. Tempers are flared and driving is volatile. Getting to my mother’s home last night was an adventure. The DoT put out plenty of warning the best part of the PSA read “This is going to get ugly. Please, be patient.” Nice…haha

So I am at the movie yesterday sitting in my seat and at 2 minutes to the show time there are no ads, no TV teasers, nothing. Odd! By 10 after there is still nothing. I called the office and told them the movie had not started; still nothing. After another 2 minutes a young man sticks his head in and looks around. I speak from my VIP seats on high. “Are we going to start this movie today”? He says “ma’am you are in the wrong theater. This is 9 and you want 8.” Bloody Hell!!!! I laughed. I get out to the hall and right over the door in large letters it says 8RPX 

I point, he grins and points to the little 9 by the door. I point to the large 8 above our heads, he shrugs, shakes his head and his supervisor says. It happens a lot. While that was reassuring it also did not make me unique. I missed the pre-views but I did sit just as Riddick came on. 

No harm and I am still laughing at myself this morning. I have visions of me, the crazy lady that they just shake their head about and mutter…”oh yeah it is just Tamara she has a different drummer.” Maybe they say that now….


I forgot to lock Gucci up last night while I was gone so when I got home ….
1. Rug by the front door is now in the living room
2. Camera and bag are no longer on the couch, they are on the floor.
3. Camera is no longer in the bag.
4. Camera bag strap is chewed in half.
5. A seashell is chewed up and scattered on the living room floor.
6. He has peed on the pile of linen I was going to wash today.
7. He has shite twice on the same pile of linen.
8. He is cowering under a chair before I even step 4 paces through the door and have yet to assess the damage. He knew he had done some very wrong things.
DOGS!!!!!

Speaking of dogs some creature and their dog decided to shite on the sidewalk to my front door. There is a fence between the side walk and the street so it was not an accident of walking it was deliberate. That sidewalk only goes to my door. There are shrubs on the one side and the fence on the other.


Have a great day I definitely have to wash bed linens now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment