Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Blushing Boy

I am not sure what happened outside in the parking lot last night but as I was walking Gucci this morning we came across 1 lone pink pump. Barbie sized, just lying on its side alone on the pavement.  

So I am in a hurry, I have not eaten and I have about 45 minutes between scene changes. The McDonalds on the corner has just re-opened from being closed for a facelift and I have not had McDonald fries in ages. I drive through and order a number 3 meal.

 I pull forward to pay and little drive though boy starts to get his game on. He flirts and allows his stares to linger just a wee bit too long. His voice changes to an almost husky whisper. A bit shocked by this and remembering I have on no make-up and my hair is a hot tangled mess on my head I decide to throw some tease on him. As he hands me back my card I wrap one finger around his hand and proceed to slide my eyes from his fingertips, up his arm and linger on his lips before meeting his eyes. The most adorable thing happened. He blushed, his entire face, neck and arm turned a lovely shade of pink. I smiled, released his hand, thanked him and drove forward. Son! If you are going to pull blade be aware of your opponent.

I come flouncing out of the bank (there is no other word I can use to describe this movement) and there in the front row of the parking lot is a 1975 baby blue Lincoln in all its boxy, oversized, ostentatious glory. I stop in mid stride and gawk. My eyes get hung up on the license plate; Elmer B it says. The owner is still in his vehicle where he is applying a comb to his side parted, neatly trimmed, James Dean haircut. He steps out checks his shirt collar, pats down his pockets, stands up to his full height, lifts his head and saunters into the bank. I feel like I am on a movie set and any minute Patsy Cline will starting singing the Tennessee Waltz.  The man had to be about 76 and must have been a hotty in his youth.

We the Artz Council have created an event at Tazas a local coffee shop. There will be live painting by Ashlee Collins. She will have a muse, Stella who will belly dance to drums played by her husband Trinidad. Ashlee will be painting a belly dancer. I am trying to decide if I want to add a henna artist. I am thinking yes. I think it will add a feeling of intimacy. I would love a henna design.


What say you my friends? Henna or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment