Thursday, June 23, 2011

$65

I have my pot of tea. I have an overcast morning. I had no where I had to be until later this morning. I was going to enjoy some peaceful 
lounging. No, that was not to be. The cement trucks showed up at 7 and have been pouring cement for a foundation across the street. 
There are two pouring and one waiting. Pretty soon I will be boxed in. Houses on every side. This thought does not please me. A little cabana 
on the beach.... ah, now that pleases me. I had that once a home two blocks from the beach. Best mornings of my life.
I was listening to DJ Shaggy spin some tunes in my rolling stereo device the other day when she played some Michael Jackson. It was a 
seldom played piece and very new. But I did not have to ask if it was him only MJ can make those sounds. I can tell if  a piece of music is 
Prince because only Prince can make that "Prince" sound. She busted out Luda and his 'Luda" war cry every time he sings. Yes that is true 
he has that particular sound and weird as this is to some of you but I can hear Timbaland because only he can make that uniquely "uh uh 
uh" sound. There is just something about the pitch, tone and timber of his voice that is way over the top sexy. Purrrrr. I suppose a few 
women find that to be true of Barry Whites voice. Love me some Timbaland.
My daughter had bought a membership to a Planet F (which shall forever from hence forward not be mentioned except to be called
 f for this story) for her sister because she had a bank card. This was costing my daughter $25.95 each month which my daughter #3 
was paying her sister back for. They all went happily along to f several time es a week enjoying workouts and tanning and all the facility 
had to offer. Daughter #3 has moved to Austin and because her new apartment has a gym she does not need the membership any longer. 
Shags went to close the account because she did not want to go without Daniel and her sister. Shags had to "buy out" of the membership.
What? I went from calm docile mom to "lets burn the m****** f****** building down" in about .09 of a second. Hey I have an idea. why 
don't we just close that bank account and open another one and you get nothing. You want to ruin her credit....LOL.... she is 12 and 
if you want to waste time, money and energy tracking down a 12 year old to ruin her credit bring it on. Really!!!??? All of this is 
rolling through my mind like Germany during WWII. I said nothing (not easy for me as any of you who know me can imagine). She looks 
at the anorexic girl behind the counter and asks how much will that be? "$56.95" Shags does not even flinch. She whips out her card 
flips it down on the counter and looks at the girl. She picks it up rings it up and people.... guess what ?... there was tax on it. No joke!!!
$65 to "buy out" of your membership at f. On the counter at the register is a huge bowl of yellow and purple pens. I notice that the 
pen she is using writes with purple ink. I ask if they all do? yes she says. "Well then I am taking one of these $65 pens with me".  I grab it 
and we are out the door. Can you imagine what the f stands for in my mind?
Borders has moved all of the large graphic novels to the front of the store back behind the counter. The reason we were told was because 
people were stealing them. However they left all the little ones that would be easier to steal and sneak out on the store floor. Weird. 
What would be easier something sized ginormous like a coffee-table book or something the size of a postcard? I suppose since I am NOT 
a thief of books from Borders I do not "get it".
I have a coupon for a free mocha-fatty-frozen thing at McD. I am out of here!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment