Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halo fiasco


Good morning,
I wish I had a greater choice of fonts. These all appear normal and I like it to be different. This is why I normally write my letter in word in some exotic script, which I later copy and paste over to here where it changes to normal, normal boring, more bored or normal. I have been writing breakfast letters for years now at first I emailed them and then I discovered the wonderful world of sharing them which I did on myspace in a blog. I had a following of about 46 on average. This surprised and encouraged me. They changed their format and my option of re-posting the letters to facebook ended along with my ability to see how many reads I had. I switched to  this site. Oh I still email out my letters and I still post them at myspace but I also put them here and now they are out there on twitter and facebook. No one of course reads them. That is fine. I just need to say things, share things.
GOD bless Tony. He calls me up and asks what I am doing and so he gets a very chatty, dramatic, rendition of moments of my day and he listens and he laughs and he does not try to fix any of it unless I ask. He offers no opinion unless I ask. He just laughs and suggests ways he could help with the oddest moments. I had an incident occur in traffic with not just one idiot, there were two involved and it happened one right after the other as though they had orchestrated it. I was so fussed up and these people so needed lessons on manners and how to treat people. Then I noticed they were rude and aggressive with the several other vehicles. This fueled my already smoldering fire. They needed an air strike. I called up Tony (command central) and left a message that I required and air strike on two separate targets. I felt so much better. Ahhhhhh He called back moments later and requested the coordinates and a description of the offending enemy vehicles. It was brilliant. I laughed and giggled and was giddy and grateful for the bad drivers for giving me a reason to laugh and very much grateful to Tony for realizing what I needed and how exactly to deliver it. Now that I think about it he does a lot of things how I need them. Being 2000 miles apart is challenging though.
Speaking of the enemy. My daughter is on her Xbox playing Halo. She is live but not really engaged she just wants to play and kill time until her friends can all get on and they can then create a force as an active hunting group. She ends up in a party of all guys. She can hear what they say (as can I and I am in my office). They cannot hear her as she has not engaged her head set. Shaggy is precise, she hunts her enemy, identifies them before engaging them. She is cautious. The group she ends up in is unorganized and uncontrolled. They see her behavior as weak and non-aggressive so they kill her (she is a team mate) over and over and over and make fun of her except these bone headed male creatures keep referring to her character as “that guy”, or “this guy”. They think she is a guy. They probably believe she is some nerdy little 8 year old playing with the big boys. The big boys are probably very scrawny stoners still in high school. Now for those of you who do not play Halo let me tell you this. The male characters are big armed, huge shouldered, thick in the waist very male shaped with a long codpiece on their armor. The females are very female shaped with a much smaller waist, more prominent hips and breasts and a very very small codpiece.  Had these Neanderthals been coherent they would have realized the vast difference in the body shapes. But that is not all. When a male is hit he makes a male sound. When the female is hit she makes a very distinct female sound. What sent me flying into motherdom over this is the Neanderthals called her garbage. She is NOT garbage! No person is garbage! Even they are NOT. I asked her to get out of the game with them. Somewhere out in cyberspace justice will hunt them down and destroy them. GOD speed!
Now back to more Ladylike conversation. Have I told you about my land in Scotland? I am Lady Tamara of Lochaber. Find it hard to believe? It makes it fun at team building exercises where you have to tell two lies and one truth about yourself. The photo I have attached was taken at the estate. Enjoy this thought for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment