Monday, April 30, 2012

Duck pond


Good morning,
We celebrated my granddaughter’s Birthday at Sea World. We had lunch with Kai, a killer whale and the run of the park.  Her favorite thing was splashing and stomping through the water puddles created by the water ride Atlantis. Every time the boat splashed a curtain of water rained down and she would scream and laugh and run. Her dress was soaked her little sandals were soaked; she was having a wonderful time. As we waited for the adults to float the Rio she fell asleep and we missed interacting with the dolphins. The exhibit was closed for the night when we got there so we wandered through the shark tank. Much to our disappointment the Clydesdales were gone. The best part about the park! 


As we were observing the otters one of them turned, looked up at this boy and started barking at him. I do not know what was being said but that otter was determined to have his say.




 Then at the arcade area by the duck pond Emma decided she wanted to play and win a duck. I kept putting her off and finally she boldly decided to go past the fence gate and grab a duck in the pond herself. She could not understand what money had to do with grabbing a duck. I grabbed $5 handed it to her. She looked at the money and at me and at the boy in charge. I finally convinced her to give him the money. He turned on the water pump the ducks started swimming and I grabbed one with the net. The ducks with an L won a large prize. The ducks with the s won a small prize. She did not like the first duck I fished out, which had an L on it by the way. She did like the second duck I pulled out. The boy at the pond shook his head in disbelief as the second duck had an s on his belly and she liked that one. He did not understand that she did not understand the game and that she was fishing for a pretty plastic duck not a stuffed animal. The boy grabbed her plastic prize from the net and with a big smile handled her a rather large stuffed yellow duck. She looked at him like he had lost his mind. I could tell she was about to unleash her wrath upon him for the exchange when I saw her mom exit the arcade area with a big stuffed dolphin. With an over abundant amount of enthusiasm I started rushing toward her mom screaming “look what Emma won!!! A duck A duck ! Emma won a duck!!. Emma got excited and ran after me. “Look mommy !!! A duck!!!!”  Crisis avoided. Whew!


While waiting for the Shamu show Emma went Earthing. Vic talked her into hugging a huge tree and she ran up got her footing and wrapped her arms around this huge tree. The crowd waiting with us went nuts and cheered and ooooed and awed at her. She rewarded them with a huge smile. 


Sunday morning Emma and I had Birthday cake for breakfast. Later on when asked by Sid if she wanted some cake for breakfast she said yes and ate a second piece. Before that Vic asked her if she wanted cake and she said yes but he never got around to getting it. She was working everyone for cake. Smart girl!

Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com turned on the AC yesterday and as usual for the 4th year in a row the AC in the house froze up and failed to work. Every year at this same time it does this. I am calling the repair man today. It is hot it is humid and I am soooooo over Texas. 

I am reviewing my situation and looking for a way out of here….. where is that yellow brick road?

No comments:

Post a Comment