Monday, April 2, 2012

Egg hunts are violent?


My friends, I seem to be the victim of a cockroach situation. I live here for 3+ years and not a single one and now in 4 days I have seen three. Two of which had rolled over and were found twitching in the exact same location and orientation of their bodies, the third I came upon this morning meandering through my laundry room.  I am NOT happy. They were all three the same size and shape and color, UGLY! I do not know if they moved in with all the new neighbors or what exactly but there have been three new families move in. They are also building and constructing in all the vacant fields near here and the things have been displaced by that. Since I believe they are coming through the back door I shall sprinkle borax all around the door. Any other ideas? 

This is so not acceptable to me. Cause for me to move actually.  So does anyone know of a nice rental or an apartment? I can relocate.


I photographed an Easter egg hunt this weekend. My first and it was lovely. I had to decide which age group to go after and with much thought I chose 0-3 year olds.

 My challenges were over helpful parents but there was a 5 egg limit so I might get some great before and after shots and it would all be over in about 5 minutes. I walked the playing field getting a feel for it and chose my spot.  The children and their parental units were then allowed in to take up stations around the field. I was seated in the middle of a heavily egged area.  I was surrounded by children with baskets and the photo opportunities started to present themselves. Once the children relaxed and I smiled and laughed with them they became bold and curious. Some parents were just mild observers offering words of encouragement and cheer. Some parents were reliving their own egg hunts and were aggressively dragging their confused offspring from egg to egg. Their children had expressions of agony, terror and were unwilling to move about. The children of the relaxed parents were joyful, playful and shrieked with glee as they recovered an egg. 

 My next job was to then track down the parents of the children in the photos to get their names and ages. Shaggy was helping me so we really only had to hunt down 2. She is not a timid young woman but getting her to bravely question a parent about their child was beyond her scope. She is amazed they tell me anything. So am I. I had one negative experience with a male creature that appeared to have wandered into town form his winter hibernation in the Ozarks with three boys in tow. He was almost frightful looking. Mean and rough in appearance.  I introduced myself and explained and he looked past me and said “not interested”, which of course made no sense as a response to my statement. He had not bothered to even listen to what I had said. He thought I was one of those mall survey people or something. I looked at the one of the girls running the event and she looked very confused and I am sure my face mimicked hers. We both shrugged and grinned and I moved on to capture my next photo.
As we were waiting to chat with the commander of the Easter Egg event we watched an ambulance pull up and park. I looked at Shaggy and she looked at me. “Mom are they expecting violent outbreaks of egg hunting children? Fights in the dirt over claiming an egg?  Do these events usually get violent? 

Are they here for the children or should I expect to be defending myself against parents? I have never heard of egg hunts turning ugly. This is going to be good!!” 
I have 4 beautiful rose bushes in my front yard. I did not prune them back this year. They started to bloom. I cut them and brought them in the house where I am so I could enjoy them and their fragrance. They bloomed again. I cut again. They bloomed even more.

 I cut more and trimmed a bit. They grew even more.  I cut 11 two days ago and as Shaggy and I pulled intot he drive way yesterday she commented “MOM! Didn’t you just cut those yesterday? There are flowers all over the place! It is freaky Mom FREAKY!” Well yes it is freaky, but a beautiful freaky.  Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com wants about 8 more rose bushes so I can have some color and scent variety. Mmmmm I can smell them as a breeze blows through the window.

What will the breeze blow at you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment