Tuesday, April 17, 2012

She needs a bear



As we all know parking spaces have 2 lines. Your object is to park in between the two lines leaving room on either side. I am sure you do not have to leave room; it is more of a courtesy thing. You can park on the line if you choose. Circumstances from others not parking between the lines may cause some to park on the line or maybe over the line into another space. Some people park on purpose into two spaces. I did when I had a new car but I also parked farther away from destination in very vacant areas of the parking lot. Not close to the building preventing others who may have health issues or are over 50 who need to park closer. I pulled into a parking lot and found the spot I wished to park in. I pulled in to exactly the middle evenly spaced between two lines. On my left was a smallish SUV parked fairly well between their lines and to my right, a large SUV was parked on the line. I got out, locked the doors and was walking around the end of my car when the owner of the badly parked SUV walked around to her door and glared at my car as she attempted to get in hers. She huffed and her once lovely face dissolved before me into something hideous. 

It was almost mesmerizing. I slowed my pace waiting for her to make a comment which I could see was perched on the edge of her now ugly mouth. She huffed again and slowly opened her door as I watched. She glanced partially in my direction where she discovered me looking in her eyes. She turned away from me as I kept walking and a giggle escaped my smiling lips. Whether she scratched, banged or spit on my door I do not know because I did not look. Her anger was directed at me because I parked as I should have. How often do any of us feel anger because something was right when we were so wrong? How often are we on the receiving end of that anger? We do something with pure thought and the person it was for reacts so wrong and with such anger. Does it confuse you? It does me. I am usually shocked by their thought process. Never would I have dreamed up what they believe I was doing. It is shattering! What horrible things have happened to them that cause this anger, resentment, distrust? Makes me want to buy them a teddy bear.


Oh…did I mention I saw Horatio Friday?

 He was at a golf tournament. Well, I believe he was. I was at a golf course that was hosting a tournament and he was there. I did not see him so he must have on the course somewhere near hole 14.


Let me tell you something about Tamara. She sang in the Jazz Choir in High School. Yep. Like Glee Club 
  but, not. Jazz Choir was made up of members of the regular choir. We had these amazing uniforms we would wear and perform different songs and concerts. It was a class, choir was a class you received credit for it. I loved it. I was in choir from 7th grade through my senior year. I was forced to perform a solo at a UIL event once. I hated it, I hated the song. I did horrible. I am not a soloist. I like to sing in a group. I did perform a duet in public once at my church with my friend Debbie for a group of Seniors at a show the youth choir was hosting for them. I was the male vocal part. It was fun. They laughed. It was the Goatherd song from the Sound of Music. “High on a hill stood a lonely goatherd….” Hahaha

Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com has been told several times she sings very well. She does not believe she does. Her voice instructor, yes I had private voice lessons doesn’t everyone? After many different songs and styles the instructor informed Lady Tamara that she does her best singing while singing country music. Lady Tamara was heartbroken. I wanted to be more like Stevie Nix and less like Joanie Mitchell or Tanya Tucker. I stopped singing pretty much after that. I am very good at Harper Valley PTA.


I have been drinking my tea with half and half for lent. I bought some cream last night for the first time in about 8 weeks and I must say, tea is much much MUCH better with cream than with milk or half and half. I feel more like Lady Tamara this morning.

I hope you all have a cream covered day!

No comments:

Post a Comment