Friday, August 24, 2012

Dog drool


Priam is in a meeting with his City Leaders concerning Agamemnon’s invasion of his land and the eminent war. One man stands up and says he spoke to two farmers and they saw an eagle carrying a snake in its clutches. He claims it is the god Apollo granting them victory. It sounds to me like Mexico was going to attack. Troy will be under fire by Mexico which means Agamemnon and his armies were Mexican not Greek. Viva la Mexico!!!!

Gourmage is a cheese, wine, restaurant in New Braunfels and after the marvelous lunch I had there yesterday with my ex-wifey I am addicted. They had the most wonderful exotic cheeses, wines, chocolates and pastel flavored macaroons displayed on a plate like a prop from the set of Sophia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette. This place is wonderful and the staff is exceptional.

Lovey was here with her dogs Sunday night and she has a young poodle named Gucci who has yet to understand my house rules or the fact that in my house I am Alpha dog. 

He began to get inkling on Monday. All of the animals are each fed from their own dish. They must share water. Monday Goblin and Scarlet refused to eat or drink. Tuesday they refused the same food and drink. Tuesday night Shaggy changed their water because we assumed there was dog drool in it and they wanted no part of that. They drank. Wednesday still they had not eaten but kept circling their dishes. Shaggy moved the food from one dish to another and Scarlet ate a few bites. Last night I finally said throw the food out it must also have dog drool on it. She did and put a bit of fresh food in the two dishes. Scarlet ate from hers but Goblin still refused. We poured his food into her dish and I have now run his through the dishwasher. We shall see if dog germs were the problem. We just put food in his sanitized dish and he still refused. I just got out a different bowl put food in it and he is eating. NO dog drool for him…hahahah

I am at the gate to get into Brooke Army Medical Center to check in my former Mother-in-law. I am on the phone with her surgeon who is explaining to me that she stopped breathing in recovery and they are doing everything in their power to find out why. She was fine one minute and unconscious the next. The guard takes my ID and then holds it as he looks off into space. He then glares at me and then demands to know why I am on the phone and who I am talking to and that he can write me a ticket. “There are rules on this base about talking on the phone while driving.” We will move past my first reaction. I glare back. He demands to know where I am going. I point to the hospital. He shakes his head no. He demands again to know whom I am talking to. The surgeon. He shakes his head no. I put the phone on speaker and set it down, he hands me my ID and I drive off. Uhm…..really????? Because I know about your rules? Rules???? Yeah OK. He wanted me to use a hands free device? Sure let me just get out some wire and pliers and make one real quick because I have skills McGiver would envy. Or perhaps I should just hang up on the surgeon while he is telling me Ma-in-law died……. for a minute. How much better to have done that and let me drive with that as the last word I heard. She stopped breathing…..click. Much safer.

We snuck my granddaughter into ICU for a moment last night before we got busted to see her Great Grandmother. As we were leaving ICU she asked me if Grandma was sick. Yes. “She needs to not be sick. Grandma cannot be sick. She needs to stop. Can she go home now?” It was so cute and she was mad. We then left and explored every empty hall on two floors of the hospital. She charmed the entire maintenance crew and climbed 3 floors of stairs because that was fun. Not for Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com. At least I got my workout in going up and down stairs for about 20 minutes. Whew!!!

After an awkward situation last night I am going to be done with unhappy miserable, mean people. It is my joy and I am going to wear it like a crown. Deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment