Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Mantoys new adventure


I was sleeping and in the middle of a dream, there is a crashing sound which of course my mind weaves into the story line. But the sound is persistent and does not have a dream quality. It continues and as I awake it is louder and more determined, angry, serious.  I lay there and listen; someone is knocking at my door. I am still adjusting to the sounds of my new home. I get up; softly but quickly walk to the kitchen to check the time, 12:42 am.

 The rapping at my door continues.  I smile to myself and feel as though I have stepped into Poe’s Poem.  I peer through the blinds without moving them and what I see is a man dressed in dark clothing and the light of my porch reflecting off of the shiny darkness of a holstered gun. I move toward Shag’s door in case she has been awakened and comes out asking me loudly about what is happening. One more rap rap rap and then the tapping of shoes walking away.  I have only been living in my new home for 7 days. Who knows where I live except my children and the people who helped me move? Was he at the wrong door? Was he looking for me or Shaggy? Had something happened to one of my children? Brother? Mother?  Is it someone attempting to lure me into opening the door?

I have had no phone service since Monday of last week. My daughter forgot to bring her phone charger and was using mine. When her nanny packed up their things and they left she packed up my charger even though for 4 days I kept reminding her it was mine.  I thought she would be back in town after a few days to pick up her daughter and return it but that did not happen.  I went into pirate mode last night and used Mothers credit card to buy a new charger.  I checked the phone after the man left for messages. There were none that indicated anyone in my family were in immediate peril.  My mother was panicked she had not heard from me in days.  I do not have her number memorized and Shag does not have it in her phone and I was not about to call her at 1:30 am.

Just to add to my nightmare life. I called on Wednesday to set up internet and they cannot get to it until Tuesday of this week.  I have been unable to communicate with the outside world for over a week.  All of this inability to communicate has been traumatic. There are several emergency things happening behind the scenes of my major drama that are also spinning out of control and I can receive no information.

My internet has been activated and the first thing I see as log on is that my precious Mantoy has departed this adventure for a very different one. I knew this was happening.  I believed I would have been called. I never have my phone out at Mothers but that night I checked it every 20 minutes expecting a call. None came.  There are some thoughts I wanted to share with him, a few more postcards to create with him. When I did get to chat with Tav he asked me how my day was.  I said it was not good, that was not rue. Here is why….My day? My day… let me run it down for you up until that phone call.
# no word about Rohan
# vacuum cleaner died
# dryer dead
# bank account over drawn by $256
# I find out on facebook about Mantoy, it is not like we were just casual friends. 

So Tav my darling luv, when I said my day was not so good it was not just about my Mantoy. I am sad that it was time for him to go. I am also rejoicing that our, mine and yours, best friend and companion is no longer suffering, enduring constant battles in a war he did not win.  I am happy that he will not drop any more tears. That he will no longer be filled with doubt and fear.  Tav …… My day was a wonderful treasure because you did call me exactly when you were supposed to. I love love love you!



I put a brand new bag into my vacuum cleaner yesterday and …rumble rumble, whirrrrrr, shrrrrreeeeeeee, it did not do anything except smell like burning rubber. This is the second vacuum to die on me in 3 months. I believe the lesson is… do NOT clean your house.

I loaded the washer, it did its job, I loaded the dryer pushed the button and nothing. I flipped and re-flipped the circuit breaker, still nothing. Then I remembered one of the young men who moved me plugging it in and pop, flash, smoke at the outlet. I reported the failure to the office for maintenance. They did not arrive by 7 pm so now my apartment looks like a Chinese Laundry. I have many more loads to wash. I pray he shows up to fix it today.

Shaggy had a job interview at what the manager said was 2. I drove her over to the mall. It was not till 4. She also had one at 7 at another store. We leave and drive back over at 4. After that we move to the other location and inquire if it is possible to interview now. Interviews had been cancelled until next Tuesday. Glad we checked because I might have been a very angry woman had I had to drive over there at 7 for nothing again.

Now we laid him down to sleep
We prayed the Lord his soul to keep
If he should die before he wakes
We pray the Lord his soul to take

Lady Tamarahttp://www.lochaberhighlandestates.com/  would like to share a bottle of Jameson with all her friends and remember James.


No comments:

Post a Comment