Monday, August 20, 2012

Laundry DNA


There is a certain amount of entertainment to be had at an airport. I love it. I always have. What better place to view and enjoy people without actually having to interact with them if you choose not to. 

It does require joy, imagination and humor. Shaggy and I spent a lovely 35 minutes awaiting the arrival of her Grandmother. We decided on a theme. If we were to throw a party that night who would we invite? We ended up with a guest list of about 35 people. We sized them up. We watched their facial expressions, their attitude, and had a great deal of fun. We found Medea’s younger sister. We found extreme sports Oakley model, corporate climbing she-male, been there done that sales guy. There was surfer boy and Grandpa in his starched over-hauls. There was Miss Hondo 1978, Fraternity boy 2009, Indiana Jones, and many others. Shaggy even picked a few because they were cute. We heard them announce that flight 209 with smelly boys was on time. We heard a woman chat about how she was in Memphis. We warned people about; laugh now because once they stepped outside the airport the laughter would stop until they left. We giggled at the woman who wondered if the wall mural of Shamu was painted to scale. We kept our voices low so as not to hurt any who might be listening. However some people who were standing near were giggling at our descriptions.

Sunday was the first time in three weeks I was able to ghost hunt. I had missed it. I went back and reviewed my Barbor ghosts. They were all very involved with Masonry, Sons of Patriots, and Daughters of the Revolution, Daughters of the Confederacy, Church and politics. 

What interests me also are naming patterns. Who was named what and why? Alexander Holford, I have yet to find a Holford in the mix. There were Holfords in Moss Side in Manchester but none that married in. Why choose Holford? It is a mystery that has me entangled.

I did a photo shoot of a dance clinic for local high schools and was able to watch some famous dancers strut. There was Kelly from High School Musical at Disney, Marco the Hip-Hop dance king, Roy from some Broadway dance numbers. Hours went by like minutes. When I was attending these dance clinics in High School we had lead dancers from the Kilgore Rangerettes and the like. Marco travels and teaches dance clinics all over America. Is that even a job? I wish I had known those careers existed.

My home is still looking and smelling like a Chinese Laundry. It has been a week. Is maintenance man coming or not? I am washing sheets today. whooot!!!!! Oh speaking of Chinese Laundry… I discovered that my great grand uncle owned Majestic Steam Laundry and that a Chinese Woman lived right next door to him who listed her occupation in a census as Laundress. It must be in my DNA.

Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com   is off to do her laundry now. What are you washing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment