Friday, August 31, 2012

Habu Links


I was asked if I would be interested in volunteering at a golf tournament last night. Well of course I would be interested. I do enjoy it. Being there with the golfers at a golf course in a club house brings back all those wonderful memories of getting up at 5 for a 6am tee time and playing 9 holes with my Dad. He played 18 with the big boys on normal days or non-flying days or weekends. But when we were on some R&R up at Okuma it was just me and him on the Habu Links.

No tea tray this morning. I have a 10am meeting up at a coffee house with the president of my Artz Council.  I am sipping on a coffee. By 10 I will want another one.

Shaggy is off to dinner with her Grandma tonight so I am on my own for dinner. What to do? I would go to my Mommy’s but she is out of town and apparently very busy. I have attempted to call her several times and she does not answer the phone. She is rock star mode, too busy, in the moment. I get it.

Anthony called to tell me he was in Santa Cruz and the ocean was beautiful. He then let me know the next morning about the beautiful fog covered pier. I SHOULD BE THERE!!!! I used to love that Anthony.

 I adore Santa Cruz. James would ride with me on occasion when I went to see clients and we would stop at the beach for an hour or so and then have some lunch and go home. I had a video of him twirling on the beach at one time on an old phone. A photo of the same scene was my phone screen saver. I had it saved to my old computer. They are all lost now but I can still see him and hear him giggle and laugh as he frolicked. That James, that wonderful man/boy of that day is the James I fell so in love with. I loved him before that, but his wild abandon, his unleashed joy was so beautiful. Maybe it is best I could not be in Santa Cruz.

No assignments so far for this 3 day weekend. It could belong to me. I do need the money but….

Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com is wondering if Golf tournament consultant is a job title? Can she make money at this? I have done these at 4 different courses and I can say that some places treat you like royalty and some give you the bare minimum they have to. The surprise is the ones you expect to treat you well are skimpiest and the middle ones lavish care on you.

I hope everyone makes par or better this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment