Monday, September 3, 2012

Deportment - C


I had put documents and large photos that my grandmother collected into a green basket for later sorting. I have been sorting. I discovered report cards for my Dad, from grade 1 through grade 12 and University. He was not the nerdy science kid me led me to believe he was.  I believe there was a bit of a behavior problem. He received Cs in the category of Deportment.
DEPORTMENT –
demeanor; conduct; behavior.
the conduct or obedience of a child in school, as graded by a teacher.
He also was reprimanded for etching his name in some glassware that was scheduled to be engraved. Now I see that all of the orneriness and penchant for shenanigans perpetrated by my brother are family traits. I feel so much better about it all. He also received Cs, Ds as well as a 3 at university in Art. I am glad that this is NOT a family trait but more of a freakish talent. He however, was on the Honor Roll and graduated with honors in the top 10% of his class. That he fortunately passed on to me. Thank you dad!


We had a rare Horatio sighting Saturday. He was mounting I35 heading North form 1604. How long has it been?

Soooo, we decided to treat ourselves to Starbucks this weekend and there on the menu was Coconut Mocha. Yes, I ordered iced coconut soy mocha. “ Oh… I am sorry….” She said. Shaggy and I looked at each other and she whispered “MOM!!” in a strained voice. I busted out laughing and failed to hear what the dear girl was saying. She had stopped talking and was looking at us as though we had suddenly both grown arms from our ears. People backed up. “What did you say luv?” Silence. “Mom, they are out of coconut.” Shaggy says while laughing. I look at the menu above my head. The girl looks embarrassed. I give her that Jack Sparrow “what do you mean?” look and she says “we ran out yesterday…sorry”.  “see Mom they are not out of season they just ran out!” Shaggy quips. Make it Hazelnut! The lass places our order and then in an attempt to make it all jollier tells us that the pumpkin drinks are now available.
“ARRRRRRGGGHHHHgrrrrrrrrrrr!!!” She could not have said that before we ordered! 

According to the weather forecast we are in for 6 days of 100 degree no rain, no clouds. Hate is too strong but I most assuredly do NOT like Texas weather. I really want to live somewhere with seasons and a beach.

Today is a Holiday and Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com intends to go enjoy it! You too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment