Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Kilted Walker


Good morning,
So there I was driving home from Houston. We had driven over for James’ Memorial and were driving back the following day. Thank you Glen for sharing your home, when I realized I had left my phone and charger and was more than halfway home. At first I panicked but then I remembered I could not abandon the baby I have named Stillness so I kept going. I would send Glen a message on facebook when I got home. Right at about that same moment Scott sends Shaggy a message saying he has my phone and has taken it back to Austin. This is good news as Austin is much closer than Houston. So my phone has taken a vacation; which means if you are trying to reach me you will not but it also means I cannot reach you. I hope to get it back by this weekend.

I went to an event in my village that is called Heroes walk and shot some photos for the local paper. While I was there enjoying myself people watching I captured the best dressed guy at the event. Yes he is wearing American flags as earrings. Love it!!  This was a wonderful event and a huge amount of people showed up including Mark Gonzales from Senator Cuellar’s office. I always enjoy seeing Mark at events. I love how he can shift gears so fast from friendly casual with me to the job of representing the Senator to the people. They had a dove release at the event. This may be hard for some of you to believe but I have never in my life seen a dove release. It was so beautiful and oddly emotional. The woman who owns the doves is very good at her job. We had a woman who was at the pentagon on September 11 2001 as a guest speaker. She did a wonderful job. She release the first dove and 2 firemen released the rest from 2 baskets. Apparently there was an international dove release, over 6 thousand doves worldwide in honor, not only the USA but, Canada, Ireland, Scotland and Australia to mention a few.  I can take that off my bucket list. But maybe I will add see dove release in Scotland, Ireland and Australia.

About the attacks in Egypt and Libya yesterday…. I am NOT a fan of Hillary C but this is the best thing ever to come from her mouth. "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind."

I was bitten by the Southern bug last night and made fried pork chops, hash browns and beets for dinner. Weird huh?.....

This is weird tooo…. These lyrics from Oh Susannah
It rained all night the day I left
The weather it was dry
The sun so hot, I froze to death
Susannah, don't you cry.
What exactly does it mean? Is he lying or drunk or not even in Louisiana?
The sun so hot I froze to death???
I do not get it.

Hey Boss if you are reading this I have a proposal to go over with you. I will be at the Chamber office at 9 call me there.

Lady Tamara http://www.highlandtitles.com will be writing thank you notes for the donations to the golf tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment