Thursday, September 13, 2012

Carl and Dot


Can someone help me wrap my head around this situation which I blew off at the time but has come back to play through my mind like a melody I am trying to remember. A company I work with was going to put out a directory in a magazine format and sell space for listings and ads. Carl was selling this idea to an organization we shall call Dot. Carl presented and explained that I would be the representative from the company who would deal with the clients and see them and communicate with them and build the relationships with them. Now keep in mind I was an account executive in this same area for a local publication so this type of work with these same people was not going to be new. I was very good at that job. I have relationships still with past clients. They wish me back. Carl did a wonderful job getting his idea across I assume, I was not there. Dot took a while to dwell on the proposal and came back at another meet and told Carl the idea was great but not if I was going to do it. Dot wanted Carl to sell the ads to promote the publication. They convinced Carl that since he owned the company he should sell the ads. People would want to deal with Carl not me. NOT me. This would take Carl away from other duties in the company such as running it. I was given this as some sort of reasoning and told over the phone. Carl and I had talked face to face about this plan numerous times since it was going to involve a lot of my time. He wanted to be sure I was agreeable to handling the campaign. I was. But Dot did not want to approve the campaign if I was involved. I suppose they cannot tell her who she can work with but they made it clear who they would not work with.     

Oh…..

HA!!! I am not a black and white thinker. I am not two dimensional. I do not think inside the box therefore, I do not grasp all things that are. Writing this down made it that way just now. I can see clearly now the rain is gone…..
When GOD closes a door….. look!...... a window.
Glencoe

Lady Tamara  www.LairdOfLochaber.com has shifted her focus. If the consensus of Dot was in that one rejection (which it was not, there were other incidents) than I shall go play in other places where odd and unusual are celebrated and revered. I was given advice a while back with maybe hidden intentions but….
Glencoe

I have a few commitments left to see through with dot. Because of a little ribbon I wear called integrity I will follow through with my best.  When those are complete I am done.  Why was I putting myself through this ugliness from dot?

I am so tired of hot, humid, Texas…..so tired. Sorry mom but if I get a chance to live somewhere else I am going. Hahaha although she feels anywhere further than 15 minutes from her is too far. Mom! Why this sudden attachment. It freaks me out!!!
Glencoe

What will you let go of today that tethers you down?

No comments:

Post a Comment