Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rug Pirate


Mother had been away on a month’s Holiday with her sister and my dad brothers and their wives. She was in West Virginia and Tennessee and parts in between. She just returned and chattered for 3 hours about her adventures. She called me when she arrived at her sister’s house and was telling me about the shark shower curtain and shark bath mats and rugs in the bathroom. She knew I was having a hard time finding a curtain and rugs I liked at a price I wanted to pay. “Mom” I said, “be a Pirate and take them I need those!” She turned to her sister and told her that I had instructed her to take the rugs and shower curtain. I could hear them both laughing.  Last night being Tuesday we went to Mothers house for dinner. There on a chair in a nice neat pile were three bath rugs, no shower curtain. It was not a shark on them but a leaping dolphin. But then that is not the point is it? My mother got her Pirate on and took the rugs as booty for me! Yeah mom!!!! Sorry Aunt Max. I will put them in my bath today.  I forgot to ask, did she ask to take them or did she just take them?

Yesterday was a cupcake tasting adventure. First stop was red velvet with four different frostings. The red velvet was very chocolaty, in my opinion how red velvet should be. The cream cheese was subtle and not overly sweet. My favorite so far. The idea of cake balls was introduced and we are exploring that option. 

Second stop had giant cupcakes that were more like miniature cakes. Everyone, but me liked those the best. They were moist but not so chocolate. She also had a sample of Chocolate Grenache which was AMAZING!  So far we have sampled cupcakes from 4 different bakeries. I have two more in mind. I still like the idea of cake balls.  We were going to give everyone a red velvet cupcake and then someone suggested mixing it up a bit and offering two different cupcakes so people have a choice.

 Sit where there is red velvet or sit where there is dark chocolate mint. 

That way there is a chocolate and a non-chocolate because not everyone likes chocolate. This is true and I also realized that they did not know that cocoa is a main ingredient in red velvet cake. So they are both chocolate.  Maybe we need an Italian cream as a choice? 

Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com is up for suggestions. It has gone from simple to complex. Something I was trying to avoid by choosing just one, however I do like the idea of the choice to sit where you like the cupcake flavor. That eliminates the place cards, an added expense. Hmmmm…
I saw Horatio yesterday; he turned down a road that leads to a Plumbing company and a huge CPA firm. Now unless MR. Green did it in the laundry room with a pipe Horatio was going to see the accountant. However since his accountant would then be my Mothers accountant maybe my mother committed a far worse crime than just pirating some rugs. Maybe she had up her red flag and gave no quarter as she swashbuckled her way to rug theft and he is now dragging up her financials to see if there is a money problem.

 Good thing she has not unpacked yet she may need to make a quick get-away.
Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com is off to call her Personal Baker for some advice on cupcakes.
Toodles…..

No comments:

Post a Comment