Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Apology to Quentin


Quentin Tarantino slipped through the room; gliding just a mere 3 feet from me as I sat enjoying a deliciously cold, crisp martini near the fireplace.   I was not star gazing I was just enjoying the moment. Not really paying attention to who was around or moving about. I was making friends with my surroundings, admiring with curiosity the thousands of albums that filled the enormous bookcases on both sides of the fireplace.  I had shifted my gaze toward a movement when there he was.  I then realized where I was. The evening held more surprises.

Crisp Chef’s Focaccia started us out along with a bottle of Rocca di Montemassi Sangiovese. That was followed by a house salad, eggplant parmigiana and the frothiest cappuccino I have ever enjoyed. The meal was delicious.

2010 Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet was the greatest surprise. Sorry Quentin. It was a gift from my daughter’s business associate and it came with a story. He arranged with the concierge to purchase this specific bottle of wine for me.  This became an all-day adventure for the concierge. After contacting 3 of the larger wine shops and a couple specialty shops he was finally told that this wine is brokered into a few restaurants in Austin. The concierge then spent quite some time calling restaurants in Austin until he found the exact requested bottle. He then drove to get it.  This bottle of wine is now very special to me especially because it involved an adventure not only for me but everyone who was associated with the quest for it.  

From the reviews I have read on it this cab has all the qualities I love in a cab. Black cherry, cocoa, earthy spice and leather all layered between more dark fruits.
  Let the weekend begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment