Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Poker Night Apron


Meanwhile back along the parade route….. I was scouting out the best location for myself when I noticed a group of Ladies and men setting out what appeared to be a lavish buffet of assorted fruits, vegetables, cheese, crackers and other goodies. Then I heard someone ask if anyone wanted another Mimosa. That is when I noticed the red solo cups in everyone’s hands and the bottles. 

I soon also discovered what was in the cooler directly in front of me, enough champagne to toast every student at the University of Alaska. These people came not only to support the marathon runners and walkers and parade but they came to have fun.  They shared their food with everyone who grabbed a blanketed patch of grass to sit on.  I decided the most entertaining spot to be at was right where I was.

I seem to be on a Robert Redford escapade. I have watched The Great Gatsby,

 Indecent Proposal,

 Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

 Spy Game 

is waiting as are several others including Clam Bake with Elvis.

I saw Horatio yesterday. I have not seen him in probably a year. He was making the turn into Home Depot. Death by nail gun, hammer, suicide by ladder…. I will not know.

As I was driving out to Crescent Bend I had to pass through the area that is under construction. Since I was going so slowly I thought I would check out the men. Much to my surprise there was neon green vested specimen walking behind a piece if construction machinery with a remote control box in his hand.  I had never seen this before and thought WOWSER!!! 

This stirred in my memory visions of me in a park playground in a sandbox with miniature construction equipment. My favorite was the excavator, loading scoops of dirt into a dump truck my brother would drive off with. Good times….

Speaking of Home Depot…..I think I will go buy some soil and some plants. What will you plant today?

Have you ever spent 15 minutes explaining something to someone only to realize after 15 minutes they still did not get it and were just not hearing you because they had formulated their own idea of the one you are trying to get across? Not that I have a problem with a melding of ideas. I had a goal and a project. Yes I said had; the moment for it passed.

I was invited to a “Poker Night Birthday Party” I explained I do not play poker so it was suggested I could stay in the kitchen working the food, barefoot.  I have just the perfect pink apron in the drawer of my buffet table; thank you Grandmother….hahahaha  This will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment