Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cumin Coffee


Dear Wanker,
Just because you have to be awake and somewhere by 6:30 does not mean we should all have to get up and greet you and see you good day.  Do not honk your horn to call your passenger. A simple phone call to let them know you are here. Get up out of your car and go get them.

Speaking of cars… you are coming to this location for exercise and female gossip yet in your quest for exercise you park as close as you can get to the building leaving the rest of us with a hike across the parking lot to get to our office. I am not complaining about having to walk the distance at least not yet. I will once that temperature goes above 78.

 But again let me point out; YOU are the one seeking the workout, the exercise, and the soothing endorphin that will arrive shortly after the stress and strain.  You chose this as your place to stretch and increase your heart rate. 

Why park so close to the building? Is exercise only good in a confined designated location? Does it not count anywhere else? Walking your dog is for the dog? It could not also be exercise for you? Walking across the parking might be a good time to warm up, to let your body know it is about to work. Walking back across the parking could signal to your body that you are done time to release the endorphin

I had just enough coffee left in the canister for half of a carafe.  I began the preparations.  Water to boiling, scoop the precious remaining coffee into the press and stage my tea tray for coffee. I reach for the cinnamon and sprinkle a bit into the press. 

I have lain out oats and a pan to make some oatmeal and after pouring the boiling water into the press I measure some into the pan, add oats and again grab the cinnamon. Except the jar now says cumin not cinnamon; oh dear! I stop and relocate the cinnamon as I replace it I recall I never moved the spice rack and that means there is cumin in my coffee. I pick it up and take a whiff. 

Yep there is cumin in my coffee. I pour it out and remember I have stashed away two emergency tea bags. Well this dear friend was an emergency; I am now drinking tea and eating oatmeal.

I have discovered that if I sprinkle granola over my oatmeal it gives it a crunchy texture and is easier to eat once it gets a little cooler. Not so mushy and much more filling I will have to make less.

I am still so very sleepy. I was not ready to get up when horn-man arrived; probably why I read the cumin wrong even though I had been around the neighborhood on a mile long walk. Or, it could be because of Dan Brown and the novel I am reading. 

It goes back to the Library today and I want to finish it. Must have been well past midnight when I went to sleep. I did figure out who the villain was about the time the drawer closed.

Lady Tamara must now go stalk Jacky and see what photos he has been taking.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment