Monday, April 15, 2013

Mommy Tiger


I discovered last Tuesday evening much to my chagrin that there was a tear in my skirt where one of the biases cut pieces attaches; Right over my left butt cheeck. I am guessing it had been there all day, and yes you could tell if you looked. Joy! It is now in the sewing pile and I will fix it tonight.

Have you ever wondered about the word chagrin? Where it comes from? What exactly does it mean? I have for years.

CHAGRIN – a feeling of vexation, marked by disappointment or humiliation   -  French – from about 1650 – chagraigner –sadden from Od French graignier  - grief, vexation – from graim – sorrowful

I have been fussed up over what to hi-light in Artz this week. I came across a painting titled “Death and Taxes”. Which I thought would be appropriate for today; as it is tax day. However, I could find no other pieces of art with that theme. The movie “Meet Joe Black” has a death and taxes theme running through it. Movies are art. That is two days. Is there an Uncle Sam poster out there with him pointing and saying “I want you to pay your taxes?”

My daughter, Shaggy’s, roommate, Pete, in California got into a bit of trouble with his landlord back in November that finally caught up with him a month ago so they were evicted. My daughter being the warrior Princess Child she is of course landed on her feet and found a place to live. Now Pete at the same time lost his boyfriend who is best friends with Shaggy’s boyfriend. Needless to say it has not been an easy few months for Pete. Unfortunately Shaggy and Pete work together so it is strained and uncomfortable. Well on Friday Shaggy lost phone service. She was on a plan with Pete.  Yesterday she received a message via facebook from Pete’s mommy. It said she had terminated the phone service and if there were any problems she would show up to my daughter’s work place and show her how things would be.  Shaggy told me this last night. Yes it sounds threatening to me too.

 I, mommy tiger, as Shaggy calls me, told her to report the message to Team facebook as abuse and a threat. I told her to block them both and not respond or reply to any further contact from them. His mommy???   Really??? 


   Is Pete still in 4th grade? His mommy is going to come down to the school yard? This mommy tiger just woke up after a sound sleep and am about to sharpen my claws bitch!

 Twitch cow just twitch!!!!

I shall resume my search for tax art.
 Have a lovely, tiger-less day!

No comments:

Post a Comment