Thursday, July 25, 2013

Find? Return?

Bloody cat just jumped up on the sofa and started licking the butter off my muffin. Disgusting!  Cat slobber on my breakfast!  Now she looks like a dog that just ate a spoonful of peanut butter. She cannot stop licking and licking her mouth.  Hahahahaha

So, I get to the library and head to fiction and sure enough there was the book Artichoke’s Heart. I opened it up and flipped through the pages. I glanced up and around the aisles. Not a soul was watching. I tentatively reach my hand up inside the plastic sleeve and there I feel a piece of paper. It is stuck to the sleeve like it may be on a sticky note. I tugged. It came loose and I withdrew my hand. On the note neatly printed was this… find it in the return. I check the book out and head to the office.

Find it in the return? Return what? The key? The book? I have no idea. Nell shows up at the office to do a meds inventory with me and I launch into more of this mystery with her. She was with me when I found the key. She suggests we return the key in the morning and see if there is another clue at the post where we found it. 

I arrive at the park moments before Nell. We both get out and walk across the park trails about a mile to the spot where the key was at. There is nothing there. We both look around the post, at the post and nothing. She asks if I brought the note. I hand it to her. Maybe, she says slowly, you are supposed to return the book. Not at the book drop box but to a person in the library and maybe, they will have another note for you. Maybe….

I stopped by the library before hitting the office and she took the book, smiled at me and asked if I enjoyed it. Yes?.... She smiled. Do you have anything for me? No Ma’am the computer shows you returned the book. Thank you.


Well what should I return??   Bloody Hell!!! Anyone have any idea? What does this mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment