Monday, July 22, 2013

Presidential Attorney

Dear People who are also ghost hunting. Let me point out that you can NOT have a black and white photograph of a man born in 1687. You just can’t. Oh wait…. the Aliens that had the crystal skulls took the photo right?
                                                                                
                         Photo of James Francis Frame 1687-1754
There she was all geared up with expensive running shoes, wind shorts, tank, fanny pack and water bottle walking down the street not 2 feet from the sidewalk.  I found that bizarre. But, what I saw next was even stranger. She leapt up on the sidewalk, started a jog, took 4 strides then hopped back off the sidewalk and cut across the street at a diagonal about 15 feet from the intersection and started off jogging over a very lumpy gassy area by the street.  Pick a direction, pick a surface and get to it sister.

Little man in the little truck that is jacked up about 6 feet off the ground….really?? You needed to make a left turn, swinging all the way over into the far right lane to make a quick loop back to your left to get to a location immediately to your left? Uh…. Why not just turn into the lane closest to you which would have been the left lane and make your turn from there. Why all the theatrics?

My daughter and 3 friends invaded my home at about 2 this morning saying they were camping overnight and heading for the beach the next day. Oh yeah and can I leave the dogs with you mom? Uh…NO! Thanks Mom, wake us up early. Be back on Tuesday. They were gone by the time I got back from my morning hike. Now I have to leave 2 dogs and cat in my home for 5 hours and remember to lock up the trash, close the doors to the guest room and leave no food out for the dogs. Gucci is even now hiding under a chair and Isis is staring at me from beside the front door. Goblin has been complaining and grumbling at me in his irritated cat voice. My child has called me from the road twice now to tell me that her car keeps dying. They are pulling into an Auto Zone to have it looked at.  Her adventure is fast becoming my adventure.

I have a very distant relative who lived in Virginia and guess who his attorney was in a lawsuit filed by a neighbor accusing him (my relative) of adultery. Here is a hint…he was fresh out of law school, eager, energetic and acquainted with my family.  Another hint….. The year was 1768. One last hint…. He was our family attorney for several suits, petitions and appearances. Ok …. One more hint…. He won and counter-sued the neighbor for slander and won that also. 
                                                                    Thomas Jefferson as Secretary of State, Portrait by Charles Willson Peale, 1791

Thomas Jefferson! Yep! The man who became president was my people’s attorney. Because that is who we are!  The details of the case were plainly written in Jefferson’s own hand and preserved for all to read about. That is a little embarrassing because the neighbor described what he saw and experienced in great detail. I mean explicit detail right down to the wet (this part was marked out and was removed and smeared). Did he really put his hand on it?

Ladies, word of warning. Do NOT let young teenaged widowed brides live in your home. You too could lose your man and good ol’ Thomas is not here to represent you.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment