Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My car was attacked!

When you are in your bliss it seems the only direction you can go is down and so to avoid this, an adventure was conjured up and off we went. Abby and I, to gather exotic and tempting dessert options for the upcoming Gala we were planning.
 Today is our meeting to sample and taste. Our mission accomplished we were headed back home when at a crossroads in the middle of a downpour of rain, a man walked along the railroad tracks crossing the street, just as the light changed. I released my foot from the brakes and then immediately re-engaged it just as the man crossed in front of me. However the male creature behind me who was not paying attention to traffic or the world around him, realized the light had changed and launched from his stopped position directly into my bumper. I remained stopped as the slow-witted buffoon walking the tracks stopped directly in front of me to gawk at us with an ever widening grin on his face. He slowly raised his arm to wave at us. I am not sure the reality of his idiocy even sunk in; for he seemed haphazardly unaware of the wreck he had just caused. He gaped at Abby and I as though two angels had descended right in front of him. I am sure my look was one of disbelief. I now had to pull off the road and get out of my car in pouring rain and deal with this fender bender.

The male creature walked about the two cars in the rain with a smug look on his face and I was fascinated to hear what story he would tell the police. I was not to be disappointed. He told them that the light had changed and I moved and then slammed on my brakes and stopped for no reason thereby causing him to slam into me. He painted a picture that looked as though I had decided to create an accident on purpose. He sounded so innocent. When the officer came to question me I informed her that yes indeed, the light had changed but I had yet to move forward. I had stepped off the brake saw the man on the railroad tracks and pressed again on the brake so as not to hit him. Abby confirmed the telling of the story.
She saw the light change and a man walk across the road on the railroad tracks stopping directly in front of us. The car directly to my left could not move forward as the light changed either due to the man on the tracks just stepping out from in front of him.

Today I must deal with insurance and get my car to a repair shop. There is a hole in the bumper and it is scratched up as well as the back-up sensor now beeping continually every time I put my car in reverse. So off to pursue this new adventure….

If that was not enough for Abby, her grandmother went into 24 hour hospice yesterday not 20 minutes after I returned her home and she had to then make the trek to Dallas.

Digging the accident report up now. Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment