Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Other Brother hahaha

Did I also mention that my Mad Hatter French Press is now dead as well as the teapot. Yes the carafe inside the press broke while I was washing it. It has a teacup on top of the plunger and the case is cutouts of Alice.

 My daughter had bought it for me at Disneyland. It came with very un-birthday tea. I am saddened by this event and am wondering what all this tea serving tragedy is all about. Is it a sign? Does it mean anything? Do not even say “It means stop drinking hot tea!” I just bought a box of sugar cubes for tea and if I cannot use them in tea then I must use them for Absinthe and that stuff is expensive!


I want it to be known that I LOVED The Lone Ranger movie. 

It was charming, as in the curious little boy at the Wild West Showcase. 
It was funny, as in the band came back all bandaged up after the two trains departed. It was decadent, as in the Madame had an ivory leg everyone wanted to touch.
It had revenge, as in the trade for the watch. There was intrigue and whimsy. That is my favorite, whimsy. I would change my name to Whimsy if I did not like the one I have. Johnny could also be a Whimsy, Whimsy Depp. I could not believe two and one half hours rolled by; I was having so much fun. I was very disappointed when it was over.

Kirby Sattler paintng that was the inspiration

It was a brilliant use of the theme music, the William Tell Overture during the final train scenes. I do not understand any, ANY, of the mean spirited criticism that people heaped upon the movie. I can only surmise that those people have lost their joy. Maybe they never had any; maybe they do not understand joy. This movie filled me with joy, happiness, it was a grand adventure and I had an enormous amount of fun. I was transported and actually is that not what they are supposed to do. Take us on a journey. If I wanted a documentary I would hook up some cable and stay home and watch TV. I wish it was out on DVD already so I could buy it and watch it again and again and again. I am sure there were plenty of little things I missed. But I did see the trade Tonto made with the red and white striped roasted peanut bag that the wide eyed boy in the showcase was carrying, for the girly cards at the grave sites of one of the rangers. 

On my door when I left yesterday was a note from management. It was not there earlier. It says that my rent will increase by $56 starting September 1. If I choose not to accept the new terms and sign a year lease again my rent will go up $156. I say I need to move again. The carpet in here is about 30 years old and I know they have no intention to change it unless I move out. I am still plagued by the giant bee/wasp/hornets that live in the ground outside my front door. I have told them about these varmints and still pest control has not gotten rid of them. It is me and the Borax every night sprinkling it on the new holes they burrow up. As I searched all over the local area online last night I discover that most places want a pet deposits of upwards a $700, and an additional $10 - $50 in rent for the pet. Hey Linda is your little cabana available? 

I did find a house in Maine near the beach for rent. I am VERY tempted.


Going to make coffee now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment