Wednesday, July 10, 2013

No Slaw

Guess who ran out of coleslaw over the holiday weekend? KFC. Can you believe it? That rates right up there with Sonic running out of lemonade. I did not need it for a party or dinner. It was late one afternoon and I was craving some slaw so instead of whipping up a batch I would then be obligated to eat I opted for a ready-made 1 serving size pack. Nope, it did not happen.

So because I cannot abide living in the “hood” here now, I have been looking into moving. I found a 2 bedroom for under $1200 per month and then I read the finer print. $500 refundable pet deposit, $500 nonrefundable pet deposit and a $10 increase per month for pets and I have 2 so that would be an additional $20. $35 dollar application fee and an additional $300 for a high risk credit report, $400 deposit refundable and $400 nonrefundable deposit just to move in. I do not want to buy the place!

My mother boarded a flight this morning for her annual Pearis Boy get together. She says she left an envelope marked ‘In case of my Death” for my brother and me. It has instructions and directions and clues for a scavenger hunt of things we will need upon her death. She also informed me that her executrix has a copy of her will. Is this really the last words you want to hear from your mom?

The park staff has reminded me that the giant paw prints we see as we walk have claw marks and bob cats are cats so they walk on their tippy toes with claws retracted so when I ask what they are from they both look at each other and say chupacabra, Great! The prints of some mythical creature that sucks blood is what we are seeing. This is so much better.


The word chupacabra translates to mean goat sucker. They suck the blood from goats sort of like a vampire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment