Thursday, July 11, 2013

Las Vegas or ?

I am driving down a road that is under construction. It has been torn up for months and I drive this road 4 times each week, up one way and back down the other. I go very slowly due to the rough road, men working and all the equipment. For the past few weeks there have been school buses going up and down this same road. You know, school buses, big yellow buses. Today the lane is narrowed to one side due to the men sawing a huge chunk out of the other side.
 I can see the bus on my side so I slow down to a crawl and stop so the bus can get by. Mr. Traffic director is waving his arms in a panic for me to stop. I am already by this time looking at my speedometer read 2. I can see the bus. Yes traffic dude, there it is, right behind you a huge yellow bus. He holds his arms out as if he is defending an attacking against me and I am armed with a sword. I have stopped a good distance away and still he is in arm waving panic. DUDE!!!!! I CAN SEE THE BUS!!!!!!

 He was maybe a little demented.

I was in the office last week when a young teenage girl and her dad came into the office where I was working. They asked if we had some puppies. We do not keep animals. All of our cats and dogs live in foster homes. She was so disappointed. I gave her the web site address and told her to get online and check out what we had available and schedule a visit.
I also told her to check out what might be available at the shelter and then informed her that we had an adoption event at PetSmart on Saturday.
The point of this little tale was how sweet the scenario was. Daughter and daddy must have discussed a pet and talked over size and breed and care and responsibility. He was beaming like the proverbial Proud Papa and she was just glowing with excitement and triumph. I absolutely hated to disappoint her. She just crumbled when I explained the situation.
But as I further explained that the fostered pets were all vetted and lived in homes where they were taught manners that she would be getting an already trained dog she just needed to provide the love. Her and her daddy both perked up again and decided that perhaps adopting was a good idea. I wonder how it ended.

Free Slurpee day!!! 

Oh yes only at 7-11 why, you may ask, well because today is 7-11. Hahaha Free small Slurpee from 7AM – 11PM I am looking online for a store near me. Groovy! I found 4 near here.

One more thing Las Vegas, a place I have been many times with some friends in September or someplace on my own where I have never been? Which to choose? They are staying for free because they are VIP. I would not be so ….spend my money somewhere exciting and new or Las Vegas.


I will take suggestions and opinions. You know how to reach me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment