Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Pity For You

I forgot to post a piece of art on the Artz Council page yesterday. Felt bad for hours and then when I got home it was after 10:30pm and a wee bit late.  So I did it now, may do another one later to catch up. Not that it matters to anyone but me. Just had to go to confession for a minute here, bless me.

Dear male persons longing at the door to Home Depot. Yes I asked for the broom department. Yes you heard me the first time there was no need to repeat it so I hope you liked my second “uppity bitch” response.

Dear male creatures wandering the isles in Home Depot looking about like you have entered the Halls of Valhalla and you are searching for Shield Maidens. 

Just because you see a woman with a broom does not mean she has purchased a “new ride”. Clearly you know nothing about Vampires!

Dear uninformed driver, mind reading has not been offered in college since the late 1600s please stop assuming we can all read your mind. Can you read mine? Good then you know how I feel about you and your incredibly rude bad habit.  One more thing that DV on your license plate is not a pass to drive badly, poorly or rudely so stop believing you are exempt from courtesy.

Dear pathetic little man.  You were making an effort to be rude. Was it ..
A.       Because I am  a woman
B.         Because I drive a Lincoln and you were in a 1976 suburu
C.        Because you were born and ass
D.        Because I am not your color

You saw I was going to park in the space next to your car so you slowed your walking pace and walked so that I was unable to pull into the spot. You looked me in the eye as you did this. You then looked at me as you pretended to fumble in your pocket for the keys which were on a key ring bundled with enough keys to anchor a 10,000 passenger cruise ship so they were not that hard to find. You then fumbled to unlock the door, which you took great pains to open. Then you almost sat down but got back out to get our phone out of your pocket which you then scrolled through looking for …what? Your mother to call and tell you how proud you make her with your rude behavior?  You are still looking at me through all this and the chip on shoulder is now the size of the Statue of Liberty’s head.  Have I  looked away? NO am I afraid of you NO. Do you intimidate me? NO . I was actually feeling a great amount of pity for you. Is that the reaction you wanted? I doubt it. Did you feel like a big man? Hey pathetic male creature how did you feel when I failed to look away?  You got in your car and then left the door wide open so I still could not park. I would have driven on but you issued the challenge.  Closed the door pretty quick when I started pulling my car in the spot didn't you?  I do not know what happened to you or who did it but it was NOT me! Is this how you behave to all women?  All people? Shall we compare sad tales? I just might win!  How do you expect people to react to you? What did you want me to do? How did you see our little drama ending? What is wrong with you?  I would have shrugged this all off but you were so intent on keeping eye contact so I would know you were intentionally being aggressive.  I pity you and I loathe you.  Mission accomplished for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment