Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Compatible


Monday I intend to go get my registration. Fail….I forgot my paperwork. Tuesday I intend to go and take care of my car registration and I have the paperwork. I call my mother to discuss our dinner plans and she asks what my day is like I am telling her. Meanwhile I have arrived at a car registration place and am sitting in the parking lot. She tells me City Hall will do car registration for free. I find this hard to believe so after she rings off I call City Hall. I am transferred to the water department because the city office has not a clue. Yes they do it but there is a charge. Fine….. all I need is my paperwork and proof of insurance. I go through my purse. No insurance. Bugger! I do not want to drive back home and back to city hall. So …… today is the third attempt. I should get it right. Does this sort of controlled chaos happen to anyone else?

Has anyone else seen that marriage proposal that went wrong at the UCLA Basketball game? I felt so bad for that young man. I felt bad for her. However….. You all knew there would be a however didn’t you? She could have said yes in public and then later after the game in private told him no, she could have slapped him before running out; she could have screamed and then run out. She looks like she understands the situation and even pauses to consider before she runs out. Maybe she was disappointed in the ring. She could have fixed that later also. She could have said yes and then asked him to ask her again in a more romantic setting if that was her issue. None of my marriage proposals were delivered in an “I have been dreaming of this my whole life” kind of way.  Only one was a total surprise and it did not happen with a ring being presented. What really gets me upset was the crowd reaction. The cruelty of the other males ( I will not call them men…EVER!!!!) is horrible and made an already awkward, humiliating experience even worse. Instead of rallying around their own kind they turn like a pack of dogs on him. It is disgusting. The hostess who caught them on film tried to smooth it over by claiming the girl just got camera shy

Here is a question that has plagued me since I call recall…..why is the soft fluffy side of flannel on the outside and the non-fluffy part on the inside of clothes that are made of flannel. It makes no sense to me. The fabric used to make sweat pants and hoogies puts the fluffy side on the inside why not flannel?

I watched the Quadrantid  Meteor  shower last night and saw one vague spark. I watched the skies as I walked this morning and saw nothing. This was supposed to be the best meteor shower of 2012. Uhmmm….. If that was it, we are going to all be sorely disappointed for the rest of the year. If I even see one brilliant flash I call it a good show but to see one vague flicker? At least I saw that. I will watch again tonight there may be some heroic stragglers.

Where is the cook? Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com
would like her eggs and Blueberry crisp now……Hello???? Maybe a couple sausages also. Hello??????

Is there an online dating service that hooks up women with Scottish men who do NOT want to move here? I signed up for e-harmony once years ago and do you know what? They never in four weeks found one single male compatible with me and then asked me to join for a fee after the 4 week trial period….Really?.....haha  No man compatible, maybe I am destined for more than just a mere mortal man. Maybe I am supposed to have a gaggle you know like an accessory, one for sporting events, one for opera, one for tropical vacations, one for crazy road trips, like jewelry or shoes.

Being a daughter of the KING of kings maybe, all I need is my Dad the KING.

Well, let’s go get Charles registered.

No comments:

Post a Comment