Thursday, January 5, 2012

Which Tartan


We pulled up to a stop light and there before us was Horatio. I whispered Shags look…. Wow she whispers back. Our first sighting of the New Year, it was a moment of regard, we stared in bewildered silence.

I called my insurance company to have them send the latest copy of my policy so I could renew my car registration and we went over my policy and I managed to get 19.00 shaved off my payments. Yippee!! However I had only made a partial payment in December so my January payment due shocked me momentarily.  But in taking care of all of this and paying my other bills yesterday I was under the impression I had paid all the bills. I had a shock coming.  I received a message that the beloved man to whom I make my house payment had passed away. While I was managing this unbelief it hit me that I had not made the house payment.  This sent me into a dizzying state of panic.  On top of all of the strain re-arranging for a death brings I had added to it by not taking care of my responsibility.  There was panic in my disco. My inner anxious child wanted to jump in Charles and run over and drop it off. My, seldom heard from sense of reason, suggested to my child that perhaps we could do it in the morning and as a treat get a donut…..mmmm…we have not had one of those in a while. Well of course she jumped on that idea. So this morning we are off to pay the house payment.

I saw a discarded Christmas tree on the curb this morning. It was sad. Mine is still up and twinkling and looking very promising. I shall of course take it down after Twelfth night, which reminds me I need to buy a Kings cake on Friday.   I made one a few years ago and the children thought it was awful. I however thought it was much tastier than the store bought ones. I tried a couple of years ago to find a bakery who could do a real nice one but no one did. They referred me to the grocery stores.  Big sigh here…….


I am going to contact www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com  this morning and find out exactly which tartan is mine. I have seen one last year, two different ones last night.  Lady Tamara has Burns night supper coming up this year and I wish to be draped in the proper one. I also will need it for Tartan Day and I want a length of ribbon of it for the bouquet for the Alamo at the memorial event.  Maybe I can wear all of them. Dress like a quilt and include bits and pieces from all my kin.   I did not see any way to order any of it. But this I believe is the right one. Lovely.....

I can hear the trash truck down the street I must get my bin out to the curb.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment