Friday, January 6, 2012

River Boat


I am not sure I have adapted to my new morning routine in all the ways I wanted before my first work week of the New Year starts. This fusses me up a wee bit and at the same time invigorates me. If you are thinking it must be challenging being me….it is. I have not gotten to spend the entire time ghost hunting that I wanted to this Holiday and that displeases me. But, maybe that means I still have plenty of Earth time left to pursue it.

Shags and I spent hours last night looking at Hogswart and then at alternate locations. Those people at Hogswart  are not dealing. Really? Who can spend $1700 just on 3 nights hotel for a park that from what I can tell consists of 1 restaurant, 4 shops, a walk through a castle and 2 rollercoasters?  Now she is dreaming of Hawaii. That will not happen either. So she became depressed and wanted to go nowhere. Then she suggested we drive to Florida, or Boston, or California. Then, maybe we should just rent a car and drive around. We looked at Myrtle Beach South Carolina and that could be fun. Seemed inexpensive right up until she realized it would be Hurricane season….hahaha. I suggested Dude ranch, I might as well have said lick gum off the pavement. River boat trip up the Mississppi on the American Queen, a paddle boat, sounded exciting to her until I discovered it was $4986 per person for 11 days.  
The challenge is on. I entered a South African dream vacation contest about 6 months ago. Maybe I will win that. When were they picking winners? I am sure the very wonderful thing would be to find a vacation package to Scotland. Shag does not share my enthusiasm for kilts and bagpipes or Scotch, besides airfare being $1300 per ticket.  Maybe I will swing by a travel agency today and grab some brochures for ideas. Ask about deals. I went to Costa Rica once on a deal my agent had just been made aware of.  I am Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com exotic places should be showering me with offers to come see them. What is wrong with people?

I am off to plan an adventure for us what are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment