Monday, March 5, 2012

Dance 2..3


I have wasted the past 11 minutes of my life attempting to connect to the internet which is a challenge most days. I pay for full service high speed internet and it has a sketchy signal. Constant buffering, no signal, weak signal all of this for the low low price of ….more than if I had phone, internet and cable. I do not wish to chat to people attempting to sell me more services, or collect for the police fraternity who are sending poor children to the circus fund. Really?....??  How can I sign up for that? IS there really a police fraternity?  I do not watch TV except for at my mother’s house once a week. Oh and just so you know……. Watching a DVD on my DVD player which plays on my TV is NOT I repeat NOT watching TV. It is called watching a movie.


 Watching TV means I am watching some programmed garbage about teenagers in New Jersey or devastating stock reports or tragedy in Greece or women pretend to be desperate housewives (really??? You silly over-pampered poodles have no idea about desperate! )
Still no signal. Well I would call them but I have no service to look up the number.

There are a couple of “house for sale” signs staked in a few yards over the several blocks I pass during my early morning walks. I have looked at the signs and thought “how rude they did not use a Chamber Member.” I get all fussed up and then I realize they, the home owners, are probably not small business owners in this area. They probably work on the other side of town for someone. They are probably using the spouse or boy/girlfriend of a co-worker, friend or family member. Chamber….like it is an exclusive club membership…


I was at a Dr. Seuss Birthday celebration on Saturday.


 I am sure that does not surprise most of you. I was shooting some photos. Enjoying the children and the fun they were having. All the time not realizing that those books of Seuss that are so colorful and so easy and so enjoyable are filled with lessons on behavior. They will read them and have them read to them and will be learning. I love those books and what is fun to me is that I can see Lorax in my fellow people and Sneeches and Things 1-6 and I know how Horton felt. I have eaten green eggs and ham. I get the books. I taught myself to read with those books. There was a few moments to occupy between the movie and the appearance of the Cat in the Hat so they played some Disney dance club music. This is where it was very amusing. Little Miss I am a Princess my dad says so, struts out to the dance floor in her pink prom dress and starts to dance. Her “hype girl” follows her out on the dance floor and while the would be future prom queen is believing she is dancing her little buddy is busting some very impressive moves for a 4 year old. WOW!!!! She has great arm and leg co-ordination. Another girl wants to dance so she bounds out to the dance floor and all she can manage is jumping so she is just joyfully jumping away. A mom brings out a 2 year old who wants to get in on the action but she freezes up so mom starts dancing. This calmed her a bit so she starts the knee bend dance. You know the one where you are mortified but do not want to leave so you just bounce your knees. Another girl shows up and all her joy is in her arms so she looks like she is boxing but standing still and every now and then she moves a leg or turns. There are now 5 girls dancing. A little man charges the floor and he sticks out his right arm and does the knee bounce dance. He is thrilled and grinning from ear to ear. Here is the best part…he turns and looks at his mom and smiles even bigger as if to say….. “Im’ sexy and I know it! Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle…..” I laughed out loud. I usually try to be a silent observer when I am shooting but I could not help myself.


As Lady Tamara was walking back to her car, which was parked down by Macy’s two girls near Lancome’ with baskets of beauty products stop me and ask if I have a Macy’s card. Easy T, take a deep breath..hold it…..let it out. Smile….OK…. Oh! No thank you I do not want a Macy card I am boycotting them and have been for well over a year. This was not the answer they were expecting. “Uhm…oh…wow…what happened?” I was very disrespected in that shoe department. “Oh… we are so sorry” I keep my smile on…..No worries! You ladies have a beautiful day! Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com  does not need Macy’s but perhaps Macy is needing Lady Tamara……
I think I will dance through the rest of the day. How about you? Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment