Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Somerville vs Dragon


I slowed to make a right turn and there it was in my lane dead ahead. The Orange bucket. The open end was facing me like the giant open mouth of some horrible hungry beast. I slowed, I looked at it and it stared back, unblinking just waiting like a whale shark


 swimming the bottom oceans swallowing millions of tiny krill. I looked left it rolled to the right. I looked back to the right it rolled left. The vile thing was determined to have us. You know the scene



 in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly when they are in the cemetery and the Good, Bad and Ugly are all eyeing each other in a sort of dance. That is what was happening. A car approached from behind the monster bucket and for a moment it was distracted. I grabbed that moment and with a tap of my foot, Charles responded in the way only a V-8 luxury car can. He got up and charged. As I looked in my rearview mirror the bucket was left spinning out of control and was crashing into the curb. We had vanquished the enemy as my ancient relative John Somerville





 had vanquished the last terrifying dragon in Scotland. We shall call the thing Ora`iste.




Let me tell you about LeRoy. He is the tumor that apparently lives in my brain; or else I have had a stroke. I looked at my schedule for Monday and on Monday night I had an Artz Council Board meeting. I had checked my schedule 3 times during the course of the day and all 3 times it was scheduled for Monday night. So I went to the meeting only there was no meeting. It is next Monday. A wee bit distraught I went home and checked the schedule. Monday March 12. Hmmmmm. Tuesday I had a chance to present a proposal to the Diplomat Committee. I had the meeting time written as 7:30am. I checked this twice in the morning. So off I go. 7:30 comes and goes. Well, maybe it is a 8. I hang around. At 8 Miss A shows up and we go inside. No Lady Tamara  www.LairdOfLochaber.com   the meeting starts at 8:30. I wait around a little longer. After that meeting I rush home to tie up a few loose ends and print off a needed bit of information for another meeting at 10. I get to the meeting and just as I am on the topic of the paper I printed I realize I left it at home. I would not normally be concerned about random lapses in sense but these all occurred in less than 24 hours. I have been offered a mini vacation to another realm all expenses paid. I believe now that I should go.



Combine these incidents with the fact that I mistook some very large round rocks for sheep one night. I am so over the edge you should consider me gone.

I am off to arrange a flight. Where are you off to?

No comments:

Post a Comment