Friday, March 9, 2012

Lambs from Lions


It is a chilly blustery day. A day like those I remember from my childhood living in Ohio and Illinois. A day like March should be, roaring in like a Lion.  The house chatters, a window in the bathroom that does not seal well is wailing out a tune. I have done a small bit of research on this phrase…If March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb. 

I have read it refers to weather. The beginning of March should be blustery and roaring and rainy and windy (lion) and very calm (lamb) toward the end. I have also read the phrase refers to the location of the Constellations Leo and Aries in the sky at the start of March and end of March. The first appearance in English Literature of the phrase was in 1624. Really nothing helpful as to where, who, how, and why; can you even imagine how this fusses me up? It is a mystery that needs unraveling.


Remember how I bemoan the facts that most (98.7%) of people researching their ancestry will/do not share their information. They even contact me to ask me to share what I have with them without offering to share what they have with me. What I find I put out for other ghost hunters. Even if it is a snippet of a bit of a reference that is 3 marriages away from my direct line, I post it on the ghosts page. Well……my Mother who happens to be in West Virginia came across a woman who is single with no children nor any family member who is even remotely interested in ghost hunting.  She is related back several generations. She has written an essay about the ghosts and is in communication with a fellow distant cousin ghost hunter in California. She let my mother read the essay when she found out what her last name was. But when Mother asked her for a copy to keep since it was about my Fathers family the woman refused. She then refused to discuss it any further or share any more details on what she had learned when my mother wanted to make some notes. My mother now believes me and is herself in shock about this refusal to share information. (Like I was lying about it?)
Speaking of Mother, it is a tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwich kind of day out there. Mmmmm…..


My tea is quickly chilling in the cup this morning. It is 68 in my house. I have a cozy on the pot so it is still warm. Guess what color the sparkles in my sugar bowl are? Green. Haha I had dropped a wee bit of sugar in the cream pitcher and there was a ribbon of bright green floating across the top. How festive! Now if I only had a green tartan tea cup 

or one with Shamrocks. I am in a mood now to wear me kilt to work. Perhaps I will light the candelabra in the fireplace when I get there. Lady Tamara http://www.highlandtitles.com/ is off to work….




Top o’ the mornin’

No comments:

Post a Comment