Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hooker Shower


I awoke this morning with a start realizing I had forgotten to do something. I absolutely dislike starting this way. I was supposed to send in the new business plaque presentation photos to the paper. I actually thought I had. In my mind I can replay the entire two emails that do not really exist. (This is actually what should be causing me more alarm.) I awoke believing I had not gotten the proofs back and in a panic as to why. My first thought was that something had happened to M-Shell. This caused me even more anxiety, right up to where I actually remembered I never sent them in. Well, this set in motion the reprimanding of self, which of course sent me into prayer where GOD was laughing, at me. Like when you laugh at a beloved pet that does something amusing. (Not that GOD thinks I am a cat.) More like a joyful laugh. That laser beam of light toy were you wiggle it around and the cat chases it all over the floor and walls trying to catch something that will never be caught.  laser You are not being mean, you are playing and you laugh, that laugh. If I wanted that in the paper silly girl you would have remembered.  I hear him say. So, that being said, I am turning the two photos in today. I apologize two both of you for …..well…..you can call it my failure if it eases your mind I will call it “WOW! My bad I do not know what happened.” 


We had tornado warnings all over the county last night. I kept getting emails from the National Weather Service on the progress of the tornado. I moved a huge blanket into the Harry Potter room and had the kids load it up with pillows. I believe there must be no less than 26 in the room now. There is water and candles and flashlights and lighters. Shaggs disconnected her Xbox to save it. Then the cloud system birthing the tornados dissipated and the warnings were terminated.  We still had warnings of hail and the rain drops were ice cold so we put Charles in the garage. My neighbor’s taped card board boxes to their vehicle. I do not think it hailed and the thunderstorms did not roll in until very late or very early depending on you calculate the night. I awoke right before they started. I had my windows open and the calm is what brought me out of sleep and then a flock of chattering birds went by and in the distance I could hear thunder rolling and the lightning flashes were brighter. Then rain and I was up closing windows. A loud clap of thunder awoke Shaggy and she turned on the DVD in her room and proceeded to watch a movie and was soon back asleep. I do not remember falling asleep. I remember rearranging my pillows and getting comfortable after checking the Butterfly for tornado warnings.


The wind is still howling and my internet is off. Lady Tamara  www.HighlandTitles.com is going to pour another cup of tea and start he fireplace.

My cats are both staring at me as if to say, “what laser beam of light? What have you been doing to make us look stupid? You are laughing at us why?” Now Goblin is fussed up and attempting to gain access to my lap while I sit here and write. I think he is trying to read this letter so as to be sure I am not giving away cat secrets or something.


Shaggy came home yesterday all fired up over a baby shower at work. Apparently the bleach blonde hoochie mama gang were holding a baby shower for one of their own. She said about 23 bleach blonde, high-heel (I typed it as hell the first time…heehee) wearing, extreme mini skirt flaunting, females came in and were rude to her. Treated her like a servant as she held the door for them.  “Mom?”  she asks “who dresses like they are going clubbing for a baby shower?” Hookers?, Bimbos? Daddy’s little darlings? Girls with no self-esteem?  “Everyone thought they were gorgeous.” Were they I asked? “To look at, yes mom, but they were ugly too.” Ugly how? “Well when they first walked up I thought they were beautiful, and they were but after the way they treated me and other people on the staff I found them ugly.” Did other staff complain about them? “No, they just blew it off as that is the way beautiful people act.” Do you act that way? “No,  but…” But what? “ I am not beautiful like they were.”  I smiled. Oh but Shaggy you are much more beautiful.



The advice I will leave you is from my daughter. If you are NOT Snookie and live in New Jersey, do NOT dress like Snookie and live in San Antonio! 


No comments:

Post a Comment