Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bad Boy!!


I was looking at a job posting on a job site. They wanted more information so I proceed because the job is in Kentucky!!! Bourbon!!! As I get further along I realize it is a trap for some company to harass me about furthering my education. I uncheck that box and proceed. The next page is all about what type of education. I back out and close the page.  15 minutes later, about 39 seconds ago, my phone rings; it is Mr. Cocky, male creature and you want to further your education? Whoa big boy I did not request this. He talks over me (rude rude rude!!! On any planet) No I did not I stress politely. He toughens up his voice and gets louder (I have not provoked him so there is no need for him to be rude…. Yet) No I insist. He is still talking over me. On a job site you asked for more information. No, I did not, I was on a job site but backed out….he is now yelling I thought you said you were not on the site. What??? I am thinking is this freaks issue? He is now talking even louder (was that possible) over me and mocking me and ridiculing me. I cannot even begin to explain I had unchecked that box and had backed out without completing the process so NO I was not interested. He becomes very aggressive. I am a bit dazed by this hostility so I do something I seldom (honest very seldom) do I called him an arse and hung up.  That was somewhat liberating and feels good but it also feels like not quite enough. I will not go into detail about what my beautiful mind is conjuring up…. I will just say …bwwwaaaahhhhahhahahahah.

My AC has now been repaired or actually recharged. Yeah! However the electric bill will now be more than usual due to the having to run at Mach speed for hours to cool the house back down to 80. NOT happy!!

Yesterday the word of the day was Sisyphean. Before I read about it I thought it sounded like it should be the name of someone in Greek Mythology. Not a word a person would use. It basically means an endless task. Sisyphus was a King in ancient Corinth who angered Persephone and ended up having to roll a huge stone up a mountain and place it on the top. The stone however at the end of each successful trip to the top would roll back down to the bottom and he would have to begin again. 

He seduced his niece Tyro and she bore him children which she killed when she learned that King Sisyphus was going to use them to kill her father.  At the end of his life when Hades came to get him with handcuffs to haul him to the Underworld Sisyphus asked Hades to show him they worked and thereby trapped Hades locking him in a closet. After Hades escaped Sisyphus was again ordered to the Underworld. But before leaving he asks his wife not bury him in a proper funeral. She also does not put a coin I his mouth for Charon. Sisyphus feigns insult over this to Persephone who graciously allows him to come back to his kingdom to chastise his wife for her disrespect. Once back he lived for many years.  For his crime of deceit against Persephone he was cursed to roll the huge rock up a mountain.

The moral of the story seems to be do NOT deceive us women!

Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com loves this tale. I should have stuck to my guns and named my daughter Persephone –Greek – Bringer of Destruction   oh yeah that is why I did not use it. Very negative. However it makes a great Pirate name.
Lady Persephone, Captain of the Destroyer   Oh yes I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment