Monday, June 4, 2012

The Color Board


The Legend of the 7th wave came up today as I was reading. I had always heard this and have seen it at the beach. Start with a big wave then count and wave number 7 will be big. I thought I would check it out for a fact. As I was reading and getting way too much technical information on something I see as a beautiful miracle I quit reading. I would rather not know why they are there and be filled with wonder than look at them and think about how a windy day in Africa blew this here, although, that is an awesome thought too.
Photo courtesy of Steve Jones Gulf State Park Beach

I was at a graduation last night on a photo assignment. I captured some moments but nothing that will be acceptable for print. I always see what could have been “Kodak” moments after the fact. How to prove that is what I am working on. 

What I also saw was that this class was the same as my class, just different names and faces. The achievements were just as great, the rewards and awards. Some of these kids knew exactly who they were and where they were going. They knew what they wanted to be when they grew up just as some of the kids from my class. Me?..... I still do not know. I have tried many things each with the goal to be outstanding at it and make it mine. Some of the things I wanted to excel at and be spectacular were the things that were a disaster. Interior design…fail (probably due to the very hefty, masculine, Hitlerian  female, why did she dislike me instantly professor.

 Fashion design… hahah …my creation was actually a mistake in the way I cut the fabric., which was on the bias , out of muslin with hand drawn by me, pastel flowers on the 6 (not 4 another oops) panels that once sewn together created an apparently amazing skirt that draped beautifully and moved so that the flowers appeared to be blown by a soft wind. I was just trying to get through the project so I could spend more time on my color board for my Interior Design class. All the fuss over my skirt by my accounting, art, and fashion professor could not make up for the complete annihilation of my color board by the Hitler disciple. I was in tears as she berated (not kidding!!!) me and my board in front of the entire class. My first board ever and I put my name on the wrong end. She screamed about unprofessional, client, fire, no one would hire me, why was I there. Which is exactly what I wondered for 2 weeks and then withdrew from school all together. I would like to ask her now…. Why did she do that? I had never been publically humiliated like that in my life. I had never been on the receiving end of so much anger that was in her voice. She threw my board to the ground.  This woman would only wear natural fiber dyed with organic dyes. I would like to strip her naked wrap her like a mummy in cheap polyester and close her up in a room completely paneled in vinyl with curtains of even cheaper nylon and carpet made of that disgusting feeling stuff Motel 6 makes their bedspreads out of. Hey maybe the catastrophe award giving teacher is her child or even her disciple.  Pivotal point in my life here; dream of designing beautiful interior spaces destroyed in about 4 minutes and life designing fashion for Oscar de La Renta not even realized due to the above mentioned devastation. I pray these kids all encounter teachers and professors with the skills to encourage and praise, not destroy.

I am at last out of cat food. In an attempt to save some money to put into the “gypsy caravan” account so I can move, I bought a different, less expensive brand of cat food. Goblin who is a bit picky hates it and proceeds to let me know this every day as he grumbles at me and his bowl and then proceeds to up-chuk the food, which leaves a stain on my carpet in an awful old mustard color. Scarlet who rarely complains does not like it either.

 I am going on a grocery expedition this morning to get cat food, cat litter, and cream and tea for me, Lady Tamara,www.HighlandTitles.com who it sounds like has become the “Cat Lady”.

Thought to ponder….. Did Anne Boleyn have 6 fingers on her left hand or not?  If the originator of the tale was trying to be cruel why not say both hands? Why the left hand?  Why are there no portraits of her anywhere that were painted while she was alive? Why they all were destroyed? (Yoda program at work here again)  Did her parents have any? The paintings that exist are interpretations painted years later or so I read. It is like that sad Egyptian Queen, what was her name, whom all evidence was destroyed or disfigured or so they say.

 From what I studied briefly yesterday; most people with 6 fingers and/or toes are very tall. She was 5’3” or so.

Random note here…..I just love Vigo’s character Everett in Appaloosa.  Especially when he tells Mrs. French “We are both with him”. Wish I had someone to watch over me with as much loyalty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment