Monday, June 18, 2012

Box Pirate


I was out for my morning stroll when I came across an island of bounty in the vast expanse of pavement. Boxes! Neatly folded and awaiting the trash collectors.  I picked up the pace and hurried back home, where I boarded the good ship Charles and made for the spot. Pulled alongside and made like a pirate as I took three huge stacks of boxes.  As I was pulling away from the curb a man four houses down and across the street stopped upon his porch to stare at me as though I was up to some nefarious deeds and was going to pillage his trash next. Here is what he saw; a beautiful jaguar of a woman in grey sweat pants that accentuate her arse, creamy white baby doll t-shirt load some folded boxes into the trunk of a sleek charcoal grey Lincoln Towncar and drive away. This is what I felt like; CafĂ© a lait brown, sun streaked long hair blowing in the breeze, muscles rippling under the grey fabric of me pantaloons, swinging down to the dock from riggings attached to my forward mast, pistol tucked in my belt.

I loaded the boxes into a sling which was hoisted up to the ship as I was also heaved back aboard. Giving a nod we were again under way. Sailing off into what was a beautiful sunrise in which GOD had awoken with pink paint and brush in hand and had painted swirls and lines in astonishing shades and tones of the pink iridescent splendor.

He may feel like he accomplished his neighborhood watch job but as I see it I have me bounty and a tale of adventure and danger and he has….. gone back into his house empty handed.  

My air- conditioner went out Saturday afternoon. It was 89 in here yesterday. Every June it does this like clockwork,  I will be calling that in today. I will probably be told it is my responsibility….. I miss Don.

I had an appointment to see a townhome on Saturday and invited Mother along. We arrived as did another couple and after 45 minutes of waiting no staff member showed up. A resident did and mother went in for the kill. She started asking questions which got the woman chatting like she had ingested a quart of sodium pentothal. Which then got the other prospective tenant talking and asking more questions and so I joined in on the interrogation with some of my own weird questions which absolutely thrilled our victim and gave us all some valued information. The other couple left having been spooked by the information but since I was not wanting the 3 story townhome I had more information to gather about staff and maintenance and the pool and turnover and safety. When you are not sure where you are supposed to live you have to treat each location as the one so you will know the No form the Yes when GOD speaks.
Lady Tamara hwww.HighlandTitles.com as laundry to do so we are off to start filling a basket and getting it done. Waiting on 9 so I can report my A.C.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment