Friday, June 29, 2012

Rock of Ages Mom?


I had been actively using pinteret for business and personal joy. Pinning things that visually gave me pleasure; photos and images, quotes and decorating ideas, constantly checking to be sure I did not pin the same thing twice and always watching for those photos that sparked an emotion of pleasure. Well for the past three weeks the site has not been loading, feeding me errors, loading out of html, or refusing to load 85% of the images. It has become very frustrating and I actually boycotted the site for 6 days. I can find no help and all known normal solutions fail me. I have felt a loss and have just realized it stems from pinterest failing to load. I had formed relationships with other pinners with the same interests. Now they probably do not miss me, I am just one person among many but I am missing all of them.  Thus creating the sense of loss I could not understand.

So….. dragon 1… pinterest fail

Dragon 2….. bring Andrew De Leon back he is the best talent you have this year.
Shooting a human from a rocket…NOT talent….. chaining yourself in a box full of  water…NOT talent…. Singing with your dad who lies on TV NOT talent.

Mother and I had a lunch date this week. We went out to lunch and then to a movie. She had been hearing people at the ARC chatter about The Most Exotic Hotel Marigold and she wanted to see it. We met up for lunch and away we went.  This was a fun, emotional, joy filled, movie. I laughed and laughed and felt angst and sorrow and relief. It was wonderful. Dame Judi Dench is always lovely. It is hard to see her though as anyone else but M from James Bond. She is tough and precise and professional. This is a different Judi. But then not she actually gets to the same place in the end.

Now Mother wants to see Rock of Ages because of Julianne Hough.

 I have not seen this yet but I am afraid I should before she goes. She may not approve, be highly offended, any number of things. It is the 80s.  Just because a girl puts on a ball gown and dances does not mean she will portray a wholesome character in a movie.

 Just because she is dating your favorite TV host does not either Mother.  I know she finds Tom to be a fascinating individual and she would love to have him over for coffee and chat. She would not see Burlesque because of a song in the movie she thought was offensive when she saw it performed on dancing with the stars. There was nothing offensive in the movie to my eye. Nothing implied that was not implied in GiGI or Chicago. 

She has been to the Moulin Rouge in the early 60s in Paris and allowed my father to buy me a doll from there. She is beautiful and wears purple satin and has fishnets and lacey garters, lacey panties and her leg moves so she can dance.

I have found a friend who will go with me to see Tom rock the ages.

Lady Tamara www.LochaberHighlandEstates.com may go today!

No comments:

Post a Comment