Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Which School?


I had been trying to get my voice mail straightened out for months. I again decided to call sprint. The phone is in my daughter’s name I do not know her passcode or any of the answers she has used for security. I explain the situation to rep and she of course asks for the code. Again I explain. She asks me to answer the security question. What was the name of your daughter’s elementary school? HUH???

 I have 4 daughters and have moved 8 times. How should I know which school which child attended at any given moment?  School is child’s work I had my work, feeding of children, keeping of house and providing for every unwanted pet people from the city would dump in our woods. So I start in the district where she was in kindergarten and progress until I find the right one.  Then she tells me she is not authorized to make changes. I do not want to change anything but the message on my voice mail. That she tells me is a technical problem. (Technical as in above your pay grade or technical as in you do not know how to help me because what you tried does not work?)  She first makes contact with me on another phone while keeping me on the other line and transfers me. I get Carla. Carla is actually a native speaker of the English language. A sliver of hope begins to grow. I explain the situation. She asks for the security code, (my sliver vanishes, I had just covered this) How about her security question? The unending black hole that I know is sprint begins to yawn. It wants to suck me in.

  I again explain about the 9 children and 12 different moves in 16 different schools based on the 11 children’s assorted ages, some of whom lived with me and others who were banished to their sperm donor for periods of time.  I start at kindergarten and move forward from location to location until I again stumble onto the school. Carla is patient and amused. She asks me what I need. I explain again. She walks me through the entire process and stays on the line until I have actually recorded my message which she then class my phone to verify the message is there and then asks if will speak to her supervisor.  I am so pleased and feel like Lady Tamara that I agree to. After some silence and a beep the supervisor gets on and asks if I am happy with my service so far. Was my issue resolved? Did Carla do everything possible to resolve my issue? Yes I say; Carla did so well that I feel she deserves to leave work 30 minutes early today.  The supervisor laughs and tells me she will think about it. Yes you really should. If I had a Carla every time I called Sprint in the past maybe I would have stayed with Sprint.  She thanks me and assumes I have rung off. However my thumb slipped off the end call light and I am still on. I can hear the supervisor yelling across the call center “Hey!! Everyone!!! Carla got some wonderful Kudos!!!” I can hear cheering.  Best phone call of the day!!!!

Thank you Zen Master Steve for the lovely photo that kept me believing I was on the beach throughout the call.

I have put a deposit on an apartment. I have filled my application with them.  I was surprised when I got there they actually had my name on it without my deposit.  Like they knew after a brief conversation on Saturday that I would be back, like the apartment had said I belong to Tamara. This all seems right but in a few months I may be asking “why did I move here?” GOD I have discovered has a sense of humor far stranger than mine.  I have informed Tony of my situation and I can tell you he is not thrilled. He was really expecting me to move to Cali with him. I could not find anything close to where he wanted to live in his price range. He has informed me that he will search. (well yeah!!! Show me you want me there!!! Find me, us, a home!!! )  He has also told me to look closer to Sacramento. Really??? Like Napa? I will do that during my breaks today. Kind of exciting!!! He says $1100 but then tells me of a castle on the water with a pool for $2700 so what is the problem? He laughs. That spoke volumes…. He cannot believe there is nothing to rent for under $1500. He will see.

Off to pack more boxes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment