Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Parking Island


I open my spam box every so often before deleting just to see if something may have been filtered into that box that I do want. It is usually a no. Today was a yes. My morning Zen instructor Steve had sent a shout out complimenting me (actually my writing) and as he so beautifully does every morning with just a photograph he gave me smile. Thank you Zen master Steve!

Photo by Zen Master Steve...Little Lagoon Pass in Gulf Shores

Now for the rest of the box…. Just because you send me an email with a harmless name such as Sandy Taylor in the from-box and Urgent please reply in the subject does not mean I will open it. Really?? I do not know Sandy Taylor or any of the names in the boxes, I did not win the Andorian Lottery and I do NOT need a loan or enhancement. The only positive thing about the mail in the spam box is it can be funny and always gives me a giggle like today…..”She will SURELY pounce on you”. Hahah Who my cat? Is it an ad for catnip? Do they think I am a man or perhaps a Lesbian?

This next adventure was at first funny to me but then became a bit melancholy. We had just finished lunch my daughter and I. She had called her fiancé and he had met up with us. On his way to join us Shamus made a lane change in front of a truck not far from an intersection where the light was yellow as he entered it. The pesky traffic light turned to red as he neared the middle of the intersection. A County Constable was cruising by when all of this occurred. He pulled Shamus over and wrote him two tickets, one for an unsafe lane change and one for going through the intersection on a yellow/red light. It affected the mood at lunch needless to say but we mangled our way through it. Meanwhile, out in the parking lot a TWC van was pulled up on a traffic island and had some cones and what not spread about looking busy. However the TWC employee was not be seen. We assumed he had stopped for lunch and walked over to the restaurant. As we stood by the car chatting a bit a Scion appeared on the sidewalk of the traffic island and wiggles in between two utility poles and a gas company location sign and comes to a stop by the TWC van. At first we assume it is a TWC Supervisor but there is no sign on the doors. A very ancient elderly man steps out and after checking his clothing and patting down his hair he starts walking toward the restaurant. He goes inside. We are a bit dumbfounded and thought maybe we should look for the camera. We laugh at the surreal feel of it all. Shamus asks where the bloody Constable is now. Here is a very illegal maneuver and as usual no police in sight. We laugh some more.

 Then the event becomes a little melancholy as I say and turn, “Look there is nowhere to park in the lot, he was just being a pirate and taking a space he saw a van parked in.” But he had to drive up a sidewalk to get there. He should not be driving. No maybe he should not. Then it happened…maybe he is alone, maybe he is grief stricken, maybe no family live nearby and he is just lost and does not care because he feels not a soul cares. Maybe he is a retired Army General and will do what he bloody well pleases. Where will you be when I am old and want to go to lunch? Who will drive me?

Lady Tamara www.LairdOfLochaber.com called in her air conditioner issue and no it was not repaired it was 93 in my house last night. I went to buy ice and bourbon. This morning I will call again. This is NOT acceptable!

Say a prayer for me today my friends. I am going to pack up and clean up my daughter’s bathroom and bedroom. If, you do not hear from me again look for me starting in her bathroom, I am a wee bit scared.

What dangerous adventure awaits you?

No comments:

Post a Comment