Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Hot Sign


My glasses broke. I got comfortable on my bed, pillows just perfect.

 Picked up my book unraveled the yarn and feather bookmark, picked up my glasses set them on my face and an ear piece fell off to one side as the remaining frames and earpiece slid down my nose. The result of a self-fulfilling prophecy, I had just earlier that day thought I should buy a few more pair at the Dollar store; one for my purse, one for my office, one for my reading drawer and one for my desk/home office.  The last pair I had lasted well over a year. I bought them in Lewisville Kentucky while on a wonderful vacation.  I am right now arguing with my glasses about the need for them to stay on my face for another few hours. A poster child picture of Nerd; the one where the guy in the white shirt, with the coffee stain and pocket protector with pens, pencils, sharpie and highlighter is posed in a mug shot with his glasses taped together. Yeah, that is me the glasses taped together part.  Good times here this morning!

Yesterday was an adventure. Shags and I got up and hit the road to Austin. First stop was to fuel up. $35 and I had a half a tank of gas. In shock I looked at Shaggy and said for $75.00 I could have a full tank of gas. Do you know what all we could buy for $75 dollars?  A moment of silence.  We moved on down the street to a neighborhood coffee shop for their special of the week, Pumpkin Spice latte, one with rice milk one regular; very tasty and a perfect driving drink, for the season and the slight chill in the air.  Next stop was Krispy Kreme in San Marcos.

 It was on the Interstate but you had to drive around the block to get back to it. The HOT sign was on. For those of you who do not speak Krispy Kreme I will explain the HOT sign. It is not always on but when it is you can go inside and get a hot just of the assembly line, melt in your mouth doughnut.  Those dear friends are the best! The reason we stopped at the Krispy Kreme other than the HOT sign might be on was for their Halloween doughnuts.  Our favorite is the pumpkin. We ordered up a dozen, pumpkin, cinnamon sugar, Halloween sprinkled and decorated Halloween Kreme. 

It was a gorgeous Halloween treat filled box of joy.  We gobbled up two of the pumpkin before we even got back on the Interstate.

We drove and would you believe not one single bit of traffic slowed us down in Austin. Of course there was the panic that occurs at the curve in the road as you are coming down the hill on the other side of Onion Creek, a phenomenon I have never understood.  People did the DOT or the engineers change the speed of the curve? NO Is it safe to drive it at 65? Yes! Keep moving!!!  All it  takes is one brake tap from one person and it sends the entire flow of traffic into a panic.  I suppose coming around the curve and down a slope in a huge Lincoln that could be going closer to 75 at the bottom may be reason to apply brakes. I am not sure because since 1986 I have never not seen traffic congested at that spot.  I am sure my Camaro would have taken it like it was on rails.

We are at Lovey’s house to find them asleep and when they do answer the   door they are in a panic believing we are the police.  Why?  Kids!

Off we go to the Gallery and as soon as we arrive a very unhappy woman shows up with an entourage.  She barks out that we have to leave because we have a dog with us.  Lovey looks shocked, everyone else looks shocked the entourage looks smug and the lady looks evil. My kind of confrontation! NO I say we do not have to leave the dog has to leave. This gave me the desired reaction. The entourage is shocked and the evil lady’s jaw has just dropped.  The three stylists hide their grins.  My daughters now look smug because Mom is in charge. Cruella opens her mouth to speak and pauses just long enough for me to say “Oh she and Gucci are not staying she is just dropping me off.” I give her a hug and tell her I will call her when I am done.  Cruella adjusts her attitude and in a calm voice explains that she will be shut down if a dog is caught on property.  Lovey has had time to calm down and says “well we cannot let that happen my stylist works here!” She laughs, the entourage laughs and Lovey gives me a hug and calmly saunters like a princess down the hall.

The next few hours are spent with foil and paint and brushes.  The result my hair looks like a forest in autumn. Creamy milk chocolate brown with golden highlights and reddish brown lowlights; leaves on the ground mom, red leaves and yellow leaves on the brown dirt beneath huge trees in a forest where now a little light can shine through. Perfect!

Later that night at Mothers house we are watching her favorite show the results of Dancing with the Stars. Can someone explain why Bristol is still on the show? She cannot dance, and she lacks personality. Mother believes it is political.  I believe it is for her partner. What is up with that?

Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com is going to get ready to go glasses shopping. I saw a four pack of glasses at a store the other day. That will be perfect.

Have you thought about gifting your daughters with the title Ladywww.LairdOfLochaber.com  this year for Christmas?  Try it on. How does it sound? Lady Renata… I like it. Will she?

No comments:

Post a Comment