Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pat Down


Pumpkin Pie Bagel

 with some of my spiced whipped Marscapone and a steamy cup of creamy hot cocoa. Now if it were just misty and chilly outside and jewel toned leaves were falling from trees onto emerald hued grass.

 I could be contemplating a 45 minute drive to the Bailey farm for fresh apples I would slice into an apple pie for dinner. Just a few more moments of this day dream….


Last night Shaggy and I gave into a craving for Halloween decorated cookies from Panera. As we pulled into the parking lot guess who was coming out. Yep, Horatio and I am thinking that if there is not a crime scene and he took the last pumpkin decorated cookie there soon would be a crime scene and he would be invited. We rushed in and to our delight there were 2 remaining on the cake plate. JOY!!!! See you around Horatio!

Another pat down at the airport. Why me all the time. No matter which line, which airport it is always me. Women the size of the defensive line at Alabama with a feigned apology putting their hands on me, and when they discover nothing with which to further torment me they stab me with their anger. I think I should perhaps conceal a knife just to please them. Not to alarm anyone but I have gotten through security with scissors, with pepper spray and with a knife in the past. Exactly what are they looking for?

Here was a sight that gave me pause in Salt Lake. He was dressed in a white snap button shirt. You know the kind a cowboy wears with pearl snaps instead of buttons. Highly polished brown cowboy boots, blue denim jeans that were faded with wear, perfectly starched and creased: a bandana tied in what looked like a four-in-hand knot smartly laid around his neck. He could have stepped from a not so distant past. He was a cowboy but not a ranch hand he was the ranch king. What struck me about this poster child Rancher was he was hard working on something on a Mac laptop. It was surreal.

On the other side of the coin I saw a man in San Antonio dressed like a model for Hugo Boss wearing the foot shoes. He looked sharp right down to his ankles. I am all about sandals and bare feet but there is just something about those toe shoes that is not quite right. The man looked like he had Sasquatch feet. They appeared to be twice as wide as they were. It was comical.
I had heard on a radio show the DJs ask female callers if the man of their desire was to only wear sandals would it be a deal breaker. All of the callers I heard said yes. Since it is a national show I wondered wear the callers were from. So I had the notion to count the number of men waiting, at the gate I was at, that had on shoes and sandals. 28 men in shoes, 1 in sandals and 1 in toe shoes. In California I saw many more sandal clad men. I would not mind my man wearing sandals as long as his feet were well manicured.

People!! Check your bags!!!! I have to wait to get off a plane because you now need to wrestle with a large suitcase you put in an overhead bin? We cannot close the door and get to the take off because your suitcases will not fit in the overhead bins and now have to be stowed and oh!!! Look lucky you did not have to pay the extra $25 to fly your luggage! Dear airlines, Stop this madness!!! If it is bigger than shoe box make them check the bloody bag! The boarding and unboarding, deboarding, the getting off the plane as well as getting on will go so much smoother and faster and maybe the cleaning crew can actually have time to clean the inside of the plane. Dear Delta airlines you do NOT want to send me another survey.

I can hardly wait for my next flight. Weeeeehaw!!!!! I love people watching at airports. That 4 hour layover in Salt Lake was good fun and it flew by so fast. The things you see and hear.

Lady Tamara www.HighlandTitles.com just finished the pumpkin pie bagel so it is time to publish this letter.
Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment